Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Celron or Pentium 4 ???  (Read 4336 times)

Offline BWolf

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Always on the prowl...
    • Etree Trading List
Re: Celron or Pentium 4 ???
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2004, 09:26:34 AM »
wouldn't the celeron require less power?

Actually probably not.

I'd assume that these are both "mobile" chips, but again, we haven't seen any real specs from the person who issued the question.

If you compare the Pentium 4-M 1.4ghz chip to the Pentium 4 Mobile Celeron 1.4ghz chip the standard P4 requires less voltage (1.3v 26watts)  then the Celeron (1.3v 30watts).

It also appears as if the newer P4 Mobiles have the ability to half step their bus speeds, which would require less voltage.  For instance their 3.2ghz chip can run at 1.6ghz and requires only 1.2watts at "half speed" compared to 1.5watts at "full speed".

So we'd, again, have to see exactly which to chips to compare, as a blanket statement won't fit.

Take care,
Nick

nick, great advice and awesome job explaining cache, i may have to use that example some time when i'm explaining.  only one thing i noticed in your post.  the chips require the same voltage across the borad (1.3 V), but different power factors.  This causes a difference not in the amount of power that needs to be provided, but instead current.  This is something to think about for lappie guys, especailly guys who are trying to use external batteries to power their computer.
"The best jazz is funky, and the best funk is jazzy" -SMOOTH
------------------------------------------------------
Neumann AK20/AK40s > LC3 > KM100 > Lunatec V3 (MS mod) > SD 722 or Microtrack 24/96  (Hi-Ho Silver Custom Interconnects)
------------------------------------------------------

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com