Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Jukebox C?  (Read 7850 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Jukebox C?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2005, 07:34:12 PM »
I haven't been able to find anything official on the 15min, go figure.  According to the official sources, it only records to MP3, anyway, so it doesn't suit our purposes, regardless.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2005, 07:41:11 PM »
Speakin of that, I sent that thing up to creative, for the ideal machine...hope they look at it.
Ray

Offline jaguaracer

• Taperssection Regular
    • Trading List
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2005, 10:17:50 PM »
I haven't been able to find anything official on the 15min, go figure.  According to the official sources, it only records to MP3, anyway, so it doesn't suit our purposes, regardless.
In the JB3 tapers YAHOO Group File section.
labelled: NJB3Recording_1_4.txt
Under the area listed analog recording, this paragraph...
Next you need to initiate record on the NJB3 by pressing the [>/||] or[PLAY] button. The message "Preparing Recording ..." will pop up. Unlike the NJB1 which records in file "chunks" of 15 minutes, the NJB3 records to a file continuously until the file is "full". For .WAV type files, the limit is 2:59:59 or 3 hours. For .MP3 files it's 9:59:59 or 10 hours. This can be thought of as either an asset or a liability:

And from: http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=216&product=261&nav=2

1 stereo minijack line input for direct stereo audio recording in WAV format from external devices

Also, everything I talk about is about the Jukebox 1.  However, accoring to nomadness...
Creative later released the Nomad Jukebox C. This version comes with the same Jukebox but has a difference package contents. The Jukebox C comes with a universal power supply, USB connector cable, one set of AA rechargeable batteries, installation CD and installation manual. The Jukebox C does not come with stereo headphones, a carrying pouch or a spare set of batteries. It also doesn't come with the preloaded content.

So I understand the 'C' and the '1' to be virtually the same.

Sorry about the double post before too. I accidently posted in the wrong topic.
DC

Offline jaguaracer

• Taperssection Regular
    • Trading List
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2005, 10:20:27 PM »
...and only the JB3 has firewire
DC

Offline martaasaeda

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2005, 02:21:13 PM »
Thank you very much, everyone, I successfully eliminated JBc from my option! Now the problem is that JB3 is somehow excluded from Mac's support...

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2005, 02:29:37 PM »
Now the problem is that JB3 is somehow excluded from Mac's support...

Not entirely, I know there are at least a few people here using a JB3 with Mac.  I think you're stuck transferring via USB, though.

http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=19984.0
Roland R-05

Offline rsimms3

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2005, 07:45:36 PM »
I used to use a JB c for recording live shows.  The 15 minute mark is as described, continuous recording in 15 minute chunks.  You just have to put all of the parts together for your show in something like CoolEdit.  Max recording with 2200 mAh batteries was around 3.5 hours straight.  This thing was heavy!  Have now converted to a JB3.
FOR SALE - Check HERE

Offline sullen

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2005, 11:39:08 PM »
I just wanted to add a little to this, that i just realised today.
This might be helpful to some.

I got a tape in a trade early in 04, before i was looking into taping.

This was recorded with a Jukebox C.

I really didnt know much about all the gear info that was on my list, but this was the one that blew me away about HD.

The band im into isnt big on HD taping and there are only 2 tapes in exsistence by nomads, but this is the better quality of the two.

The tape is straight through w.o any cuts, not sure about the 15min deal, maybe it was edited? I didnt notice a damn thing though.

the sound is phenomonal, better than many dats from this years tour.

Info:
Dynamic Audio Binaurals > DA-120F Custom Battery Box with Bass Roll Off 85hz for Line-In > Nomad Jukebox C

If anyone wants a sample ill upload something to you send it.com, PM me.

~s  =))
don't > care > to > list > gear > in > signature

Offline Chrysler

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2005, 06:06:19 AM »
i noticed that most alternative recording devices are not taken into consideration seriously here unless they have a digi-in.
But honestly who really uses this thing when stealthing? I dont think that there is a big quality difference between analog-in and digi-in anyway.
You need to use top of the notch mics and preamps and your recording will sound great.

Some new gadgets are about to be relased - most will switch to them anywayand not stick to their old JB3 since they seem to bee the better option (PMD-660, R-1 etc).
In another topic i used the Gmini 220 (analog-in) e.g. and i did not experience any problemes with it when taping. This has 20 Gig HDD and 4 hours of recording time. Only few people seem to use this - like the JB C however.
I wonder why there's so little interest in these new devices only because of  the lack in digi-in.
DPA 4060/4061/4081/4011/4015/4018  > Tascam DR-10L Pro | Zoom F-3 | DPA MMP-GR/GS > DPA D:VICE > iphone 12 mini

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2005, 06:33:24 AM »
a lot more people use the digi-in when stealthing than you may think.

also, it takes a lot more than just top notch mics and preamps to make a great recording.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2005, 10:17:01 AM »
i noticed that most alternative recording devices are not taken into consideration seriously here unless they have a digi-in.  But honestly who really uses this thing when stealthing?

There are plenty of people stealthing with (mod)SBM-1s and AD20s and therefore using digi-in.  Some even stealth with bigger units like the UA5 / V3!

I dont think that there is a big quality difference between analog-in and digi-in anyway.

Depends on the devices in question.  IMO, there's a tremendous difference running analog-in v. digital-in on all (yeah, like there are so many!) consumer-level recording devices available.  Someone posted a comp recently with the Neuros.  Something like...Source 1:  V3 digital-out > recorder;  Source 2:  V3 analog-out > Neuros.  The difference to my ears was striking and I found the Neuros downright painful to my ears.

You need to use top of the notch mics and preamps and your recording will sound great.

What Ed said.

Some new gadgets are about to be relased - most will switch to them anywayand not stick to their old JB3 since they seem to bee the better option (PMD-660, R-1 etc).

We all hope they're better options, but they are, as yet, unproven.  Fortunately some of us (but not me) are early adopters of these new units and are giving them the rundown in the field.

In another topic i used the Gmini 220 (analog-in) e.g. and i did not experience any problemes with it when taping. [snip]

Glad to hear you didn't have any troubles.  Keep us updated about your experiences as you use the Neuros more.  Those who have done so have all - as far as I know - discarded the Neuros in lieu of a recorder that didn't give them problems, whether it be DAT, JB3, etc.

I wonder why there's so little interest in these new devices only because of the lack in digi-in.

User have reported problems with the Neuros introducing artifacts into the recording stream - clicks, pops, dropouts, etc.  The JBC suffers additional limitations beyond no digital-in, like the aforementioned 15-min recording filelength limit!  Hence, little interest.
Roland R-05

Offline rsimms3

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 09:33:04 PM »
I just wanted to add a little to this, that i just realised today.
This might be helpful to some.

I got a tape in a trade early in 04, before i was looking into taping.

This was recorded with a Jukebox C.

I really didnt know much about all the gear info that was on my list, but this was the one that blew me away about HD.

The band im into isnt big on HD taping and there are only 2 tapes in exsistence by nomads, but this is the better quality of the two.

The tape is straight through w.o any cuts, not sure about the 15min deal, maybe it was edited? I didnt notice a damn thing though.

the sound is phenomonal, better than many dats from this years tour.

Info:
Dynamic Audio Binaurals > DA-120F Custom Battery Box with Bass Roll Off 85hz for Line-In > Nomad Jukebox C

If anyone wants a sample ill upload something to you send it.com, PM me.

~s  =))

What is this tape you speak of?  It may actually be a tape I did because I did a few recordings with the Jukebox C and that was how I listed the Source, the way you have it.

PS
Nice nick!
FOR SALE - Check HERE

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com