Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: So ... recording with the iRiver. finally feasable?  (Read 44565 times)

Offline whatboutbob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • A very happy chappy right now...
Re: So ... recording with the iRiver. finally feasable?
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2006, 07:39:38 AM »
I *suspect* it may have something to do with your preferences prior to loading that build...but I might just be making stuff up.

AGI: how did you reset preferences?
Mics: Audix m1290's, AT943's (w/ AT853 C/O/H caps), AT853's
Power: PS-2, Homebrew 3wbb, SPSB-6
Pre/AD: UA-5 (BM2p+), CA-9100, AD-20
Recorder: iriver H120, H160

Offline AGI

• Taperssection Newbie
  • Let's hear it for Another Great Italian!
    • www.zappateers.com
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2006, 08:58:06 AM »
I *suspect* it may have something to do with your preferences prior to loading that build...but I might just be making stuff up.

'settings' is the right word I should have used.

Main Menu -> Manage Settings -> Reset Settings

Offline whatboutbob

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2006, 09:06:14 AM »

Ahhh...gotcha. Thanks!

Offline tod3sschu3tze

• Taperssection Regular
  • Tape Metal!
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2006, 12:28:17 PM »
in my eyes the h120 is the number 1 recording machine :D
taped some metal shows just using rockbox and core sound low cost binaurals with low sensivity option.
the outcome was great!!
Stealth Setup(s):

NEW ONE:
Microphone Madness HLSC-1 > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

OLD ONE:
Core Sound Low Cost Binaurals + Low Sensivity Option > 9V Battery Box > iRiver H120 + Rockbox > USB > WaveLab > Audio-CD / FLAC

tod3sschu3tze's Live Show & Bootlegs Trading List: http://trade.tod3sschu3tze.de

Offline sullen

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2006, 07:27:54 PM »
in my eyes the h120 is the number 1 recording machine :D

Seems as it may be for 16/41......

don't > care > to > list > gear > in > signature

Offline qpwoei

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2006, 04:12:04 AM »

Problem solved , thanx!

Offline whatboutbob

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2006, 07:34:31 AM »

Offline AGI

• Taperssection Newbie
  • Let's hear it for Another Great Italian!
    • www.zappateers.com
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2006, 03:29:59 PM »
take a look to the newest patch for recording on the Rockbox forum, not only this strange behaviour has been fixed but also:

"added a patch for a cliplight (auto backlight on when clipping). Look in recording settings to enable"

wow

these guys developing for rockbox are really brilliant!

Offline whatboutbob

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2006, 04:31:12 PM »
"added a patch for a cliplight (auto backlight on when clipping). Look in recording settings to enable"

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark!

Offline NotSoBlüe

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stop it.
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2006, 01:17:12 PM »
Hi, I have a question about battery life on the iHP-120.  i just got one, and it advertises as 16 hours of battery life. now, I realize that varies depending on what you're doing with it. Right now I am just listening to music on it, WAV files, through my computer speakers. Volume is pretty low. I've had it going for a little more than 3 hours and its already down 1 bar on the battery icon.  Yesterday I charged it up fully, then loaded some shows on it, took about 2 hours or so and it killed the battery by the time I was done. What's up? Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.  I'd like to maybe record with it (patch into a friends mics) but I'm wondering about the battery before I try...  Thanks!

Jessy
I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask them where they're going and hook up with them later. - Mitch Hedberg

Offline whatboutbob

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2006, 04:58:49 PM »
...then loaded some shows on it, took about 2 hours or so and it killed the battery by the time I was done. What's up?

It took 2 hours to load files?  Am I reading that right?  If so, loading files is quite battery intensive.  I'd recharge and re-evaluate by just playing music before getting worried.  The h1x0's do usually get pretty close to their advertised battery life (I got about ~14hrs on original f/w and battery I think...although it's been a while)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 05:00:31 PM by whatboutbob »

Offline NotSoBlüe

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Stop it.
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2006, 05:31:31 PM »
yes, I loaded a drew emmitt show and a couple ween shows and it took 2+ hours - granted it was a lot of music but I was just suprised at how fast the battery died, even if it is battery intensive. I definitely need to get usb 2.0. I've had it on now since 7:30 am and its 3:30 now and I've got 1 bar left. 

Can I ask - since this thing is so new to me - do the settings across the bottom affect the power usage? the little boxes say WAV - 44kHz - 1411K - Normal----  I did RTFM but haven't had time to really sit and play with it - I just got it yesterday.  Thanks for your help!
I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask them where they're going and hook up with them later. - Mitch Hedberg

Offline 1westkc3

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2006, 10:12:07 PM »
...to the topic, last night was my first opportunity to use my new toy, H120.  Duncan Shiek @ The Bluebird Theater, Denver. Being the first experience with the H120, I took a conservative approach to settings...ADC gain + .5, recoding screen gain at +.3 thru AT 831s w/ SP-SPBM-2 battery box.  My position was just left of the soundboard.  The show,which was quite nice by the way, clocked in at 95:53...and no disc swap!!  Having been a MD user for several years I didn't realize the stress involed in making that leap.  So I just set it checked levels during a few peaks and they were runin at about 1/3 so a bit sof but plenty of headroom.  While I've got Rockbox installed, I havent mastered the remote buttons so rather than chance missing part of the show, I chose to stick with what am most familiar...it is stealth after all.  The recording turned out very nice indeed, burning CDs, copared to MD transfer is so sweet.  One item I did notis is it's difficult, at leatst the build/version I have installed, to see easily that recording has stated, those digits are just a tad small for these old eyes. I hel off waiting for this day.  I was really disappointed when I began seeing reviws with reots of samples being dropped, file size being limited w/ recording stop  et...But hats off to the Rockbox team.  Who says you can't put humpty dumpty back together.

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2006, 08:18:09 AM »
yes, I loaded a drew emmitt show and a couple ween shows and it took 2+ hours - granted it was a lot of music but I was just suprised at how fast the battery died, even if it is battery intensive. I definitely need to get usb 2.0. I've had it on now since 7:30 am and its 3:30 now and I've got 1 bar left. 

Can I ask - since this thing is so new to me - do the settings across the bottom affect the power usage? the little boxes say WAV - 44kHz - 1411K - Normal----  I did RTFM but haven't had time to really sit and play with it - I just got it yesterday.  Thanks for your help!

If you purchased this H120 used, the battery life is decreasing with age.  Options?  You can get the battery replaced, they explain how to do it on www.misticriver.net.

SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline Sherbz

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2006, 12:12:47 PM »

The more the HD is read, the more battery power is used. So when transferring files for two hours, you are constantly spinning the HD. And since WAV files are so large, especially compared to something like MP3, again you are accessing the HD more. If you're just playing 128kbps MP3s, you'll get much longer battery life, since the files are about a tenth as large.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com