Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need Help! Receiver content...  (Read 1593 times)

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
Need Help! Receiver content...
« on: May 26, 2007, 10:02:43 PM »
Ok, so the strangest thing just happened to me while I was listening to my TT (Rega P3) via my receiver's headphone jack...

I was listening to a record and decided to switch to CD, as I started up a CD I noticed the left channel was out so I switched back to vinyl and the left channel was fine.  So I checked my speakers to make sure I'm getting sound on both, and they are.  So I checked the interconnects in the back in case the left one was loose, nope it was fine.  So I went back and double checked cd vs vinyl and again, the left channel is only out when listening to a cd.  So I turned off the receiver and unplugged it, plugged it back in and still, left channel is out.  I fiddled with the 1/4" adapter and as I plugged it out a little the left channel came back, but the right one drops out.  I also checked the DSP settings (and this is where it gets even weirder)....with the dsp off or the Pro Logic on, the left is still out....If I select any other DSP effects, the left channel comes back on....WTF??????    ???

I'm totally lost as to what the hell has happened, the headphone jack worked just fine up until tonight.  For the record, the receiver is a Yamaha RX-V493 (I've owned it for 10+ years without incident) and the headphones are Sony 7506's.  I don't understand how the left channel is only out for the cd via headphones but only for DSP off or DSP Pro Logic.  I'm totally clueless.  Any suggestions???   
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline Evil Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Going pro...no time for taping now
Re: Need Help! Receiver content...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 10:34:46 PM »
probably blew a capacitor in the CD>headphone channel of your receiver.  just hook the cd player up on a different channel and it should work.
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
Re: Need Help! Receiver content...
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 10:19:08 AM »
probably blew a capacitor in the CD>headphone channel of your receiver.  just hook the cd player up on a different channel and it should work.

Ok, i'll give that a shot and see what happens...
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.151 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com