Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DAT vs JB3 question  (Read 10381 times)

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
Re: DAT vs JB3 question
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2005, 08:17:07 PM »
TAHT GUYS FUKED UP!1!!!1 H3 PUT WAY 2 MANY LOL AND LMAO IN HIS POSTS 2 TAEK SERIOUSLY1!!1 WTF

;)

What is even funnier is he thinks I'm twatts.

Sorry corkscrew but your 'buddy' is a clueless ass ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

hexyjones

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2005, 08:26:13 PM »
TAHT GUYS FUKED UP!1!!!1 H3 PUT WAY 2 MANY LOL AND LMAO IN HIS POSTS 2 TAEK SERIOUSLY1!!1 WTF

;)

Whatever bud, I dont have time to keep up with the drama you managed to generate over this...

TODDOW

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2005, 11:24:47 PM »

Thanks Corkscrew!  Drama is right.  There is a way to teach, and there is a way to antagonize.  And as a general rule of thumb, it is best to speak in private about certain matters if you want fast results, perhaps email.  When posts are made on public boards, things turn personal and people say stoopid stuff,  largely due to there being an audience.  90% of what I was writting was meant to be humorous, 10% was genuine confusion over some key taper issues.    I admitt I had some misconceptions about the D-7, but this was largely in part due to my previous experience working with a taper who uses rca cable >D-7.  Which is where I was coming from with my initial comments about there being audible differences in sources.  Indeed, I have heard the "analog" difference of this method.  I don't claim to be an expert in these sorts of things, I just like music.  I like being involved in the taping and seeding of music, and I never intended to piss anyone off.  Sometimes I do use sarcasm, and sometimes folks don't detect that online.  I think Corkscrew would agree, I am not the type looking for a fight.  As anyone can see, I have now learned the differences between "taper" and "patcher" as well as the information about bit perfect digital sources being identical.  Thank you for that information, I will make a point to check on this board more often to keep myself up to date and as informed as I possibly can be.  Hopefully the personal attacks can rest, maybe someday Mark and I will have a beer and a nug and laugh about all this misunderstanding (maybe not, I can live with either).  If Mark learned anything from this, I hope it is that public message boards are not always the best medium for communicating with people.  I am not a digital device, I am organic and I can make mistakes.  Hopefully we can learn from our mistakes and move on.  That's what I have done.

Later, ------------------------------TOD²OW!©
 8)   

P.S.
On the issue of the CO2: My experiences with the CO2 have proven to be much more reliable since using my 9.6 Volt R/C car battery I modified to power it.  I do remember having "artifacts" when I used the adapter that came with the unit.  But since switching to battery I have not experienced any problems.  Is it possible that the battery pack is the missing link, perhaps providing a more stable environment?  Just a thought. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 01:38:31 AM by TOD²OW!_© »

hexyjones

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2005, 06:58:54 AM »
TOD²OW!_©????

...never heard of him... 8)

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2005, 07:42:56 AM »
Heh you talk about drama, we both are at fault, but you were wrong from the beginning, period.

I hope you at least learned to give credit where credit is due...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 07:45:16 AM by silentmark »
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

TODDOW

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2005, 08:53:42 AM »
Whatever dude......thanks for leading me here to this site ;D.  There is a wealth of knowledge here.  That Corkscrew....such a ball breaker...lol.

L8.
 8)

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2005, 10:14:40 AM »
Whatever dude......thanks for leading me here to this site ;D.  There is a wealth of knowledge here.  That Corkscrew....such a ball breaker...lol.

L8.
 8)

Welcome to TS.  You're right, lots of knowledge here, and sometimes, we get a little out of hand.  I'm sure you can understand. 

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2005, 01:37:33 PM »
CANT W3 AL JUST G3T ALONG????!?!!111111 OMG!!??!WTF!!!

(Somebody's gotta pick up Tim's slack)
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2005, 03:09:49 AM »
CANT W3 AL JUST G3T ALONG????!?!!111111 OMG!!??!WTF!!!

(Somebody's gotta pick up Tim's slack)

1111!!!!!WTF LOL WH3R3S TIM???!?!?! OMG!!!11H3 HASNT B33n H3R3 SINC3 PAG1!?!?!LOL!!!!111!
we all live downstream.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com