Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack setup  (Read 9876 times)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: Microtrack setup
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2006, 07:43:06 AM »
I think you could probably find a memory card cheaper than what Oade sells them for, but otherwise, I think you could probably get everything from Oade.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline NJFunk

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2006, 08:51:16 AM »
I think you could probably find a memory card cheaper than what Oade sells them for, but otherwise, I think you could probably get everything from Oade.

I bought my MT from Oade, and at the time, he didn't even sell memory cards for them because he couldn't sell enough to be able to buy in bulk cheap enough to make a profit competing with computer and/or camera stores.  He recommended http://www.newegg.com for flash memory on-line.

Offline tightglobes

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2006, 09:21:39 AM »

I bought my MT from Oade, and at the time, he didn't even sell memory cards for them because he couldn't sell enough to be able to buy in bulk cheap enough to make a profit competing with computer and/or camera stores.  He recommended http://www.newegg.com for flash memory on-line.
i bought mine at http://www.zipzoomfly.com -  great prices & 2 day shipping is usually free!

RebelRebel

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2006, 11:47:55 AM »
www.flashmemorystore.com

they will match prices, or did the last time I called.

teddy

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2006, 01:00:46 PM »
www.dealram.com , great site for the cheapest prices on various types of memory ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline Gebs

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2006, 12:16:46 PM »
I have taken several recordings on the Microtracker.....I dont want to try and take a load of equipment into a venue with me so have kept it simple

Microtracker CF 4GB
A3 Bbox (No roll off, 0dB)
OKMII Rock

Mic in connected.....and note this

Firmware 1.5 MT, Mode set to line in, 0dB TRS input, 24/48
Attenuated by Microtracker level controls

Try it.....if you want to be stealthy you can for sure get a great recording from that set up.

I really dont want to try and take a PMD-671 or a DAT plus Phantom etc...into a very searchable show......dont get me wrong....if an open allowable show then would for sure....the UK dont have such shows tho

gebs

Too many hands on my time

Offline tightglobes

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2006, 07:24:41 PM »

where did you get firmware 1.5?  1.2.3 is the latest on the m-audio website.  i've had a huge issue with not being able to set the gain on the input to 0db & built balanced attenutating cables to compensate.

Offline cpatch

• Taperssection Member
  • I STOP FOR CAFFEINE
    • The GodCast Network
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2006, 01:48:04 AM »
Chances are he's referring to 1.1.5 and by 0dB he means without the boost.

Craig
Home (Podcasting): AT4040,NT-1A > Symetrix 528e > dbx 1066 > Mackie 1202-VLZ-PRO > 24" Intel iMac
Field (Podcasting/Taping): AT853RX,LSD2,MD46 > Bus PMD660/H4
$100 Super Stealth: Giant Squid Stereo Omnis > iRiver iFP-795

Offline ghibliss

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2006, 07:14:28 PM »
I am using the Microtrack 2496 with a CoreSound Mic 2496 a/d which I plug my DPA 4061's into.  I run spdif Coax from the Mic 2496 to the MT and run at 24 bit/44.1 for most of the concerts which I have been to and get great results.  I am using a Kingston compact Flash Elite Pro 4GB card which is a 45X speed card.  The prices on Flash memory has dropped very quickly as you can now get a 140x speed card for the same price I paid for the 45X card three months ago.  The set-up I have is as stealthy as one could ask for and provides high performance which will satisfy the most discriminating audiophile.  If you tape at any of the smaller venues (nightclubs) which have audiences which are well behaved (quiet) the sound quality is better then any CD I have ever listened to due to the microphones and 24 bit rate.  This set-up cost very close to $2K and i am very happy with the purchase. 

I have no problems with the meters on the MT as I personally set the levels from my Mic 2496 which has reference LED's for a level of -12.5 db as well as at -1 db.  i generally set the level to have the -12.5 db lights on and then sit back and enjoy the show.  I have checked the levels on both the software which I use on the pc as well as on an Alesis recorder and the levels are exactly where they should be.  I don't seem to see any major error on levels being displayed on the Microtrack while recording however it is really not important as I am using the external a/d convertor which has a far superior dynamic range and better quality preamplifier stage.  Bypassing the front-end of the Microtrack recorder makes the greatest performance enhancement to the system.  I like the MT as a simple transport to get the digital information to the CF card and it does this without any issues presently.  I look forward to M-Audio enabling the piece to provide the 24/96 capability via spdif in the near future for even greater detail in the recordings when playback is on a high-end system. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 07:19:53 PM by ghibliss »

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2006, 02:40:18 PM »

where did you get firmware 1.5?  1.2.3 is the latest on the m-audio website.  i've had a huge issue with not being able to set the gain on the input to 0db & built balanced attenutating cables to compensate.

I had the same huge issues with the gain on the input, but just set up a cable that goes 1/8> 1/4 TR (Left and Right), and the problem went away. It really didn't impact the stealth very much, but it really improved my recordings and the feel if those long 1/4 " jacks into the MT is more solid.

I too have had tremendous success with the Microtrack, it is simple to use, but has a lot of possibilities on use, so reading the manual and experimenting will really eliminate most of the issues I've read about. The meters are really excellent!
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com