Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PMD660 Problem Last Night (Meters Locking Up / Damaged WAV File)  (Read 1726 times)

Offline dank

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • cold irons bound
Ok, so I taped the Kenny Wayne Shephered blues legends show last night (killer show....sounds great)

Kenny did a few songs with his band before bringing out all the special guests.... I was rolling fine and checking my levels on most every song, and on the last song I noticed my levels werent moving.

So I moved the gain dial around and they were locked up. I waited for the song to end and thankfully there was a video montage played between that song and the next so I didnt lose any music.
Restarted recording and it worked fine the rest of the night for the remaining 2 hours of the show.

Anyway, I copied the WAVS to the computer just now and there is one 1.4GB file which is the bulk of the show, and a 128MB file which SHOULD represent the KWS & band set.

When I open it in Nero Wave Editor (dont have Sound Forge handy right now), it comes up as a 13 second clip of the very beginning of the show.

What software should I look at in order to see if I can get the rest of the music back?

I know all but one songs were recording fine with working meters, so Im hoping what I recorded is there.

Any tips or experiences would be greatly appreciated so I can get this on DIME and start burning copies for my buddies who were nice enough to keep quiet during the gig

thanks
Mics: DPA 4021, AT 933, AKG CK31, CK32
Pre:  Sonosax SX-M2
Recorders: Oade ACM PMD660, Tascam DR-60D, Tascam DR-2D, Sony PCM-M10[x2]
DIME List: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=919941

Offline Jammin72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: PMD660 Problem Last Night (Meters Locking Up / Damaged WAV File)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 07:38:33 PM »
Mine did this with Sandisk Cards...

I switched to lexar and haven't had a problem yet.

Folks seem to be using various forms of Kingston Cards without problems as well.
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 11:07:26 PM »
Does the file play in either Winamp or Foobar2000?

If so, the counters in the riff header probably just need correction. You can use my audiohack tool for that, or import the audio as raw data into an audio editor. Info on audiohack is here on the forum somewhere.

If it won't play in those apps, then the attribute information like sampling rate, # of channels, # of bits is missing also. In that case the best option is to import as raw and tell the audio application the attribute info.

Gordon
AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

Offline dank

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • cold irons bound
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 11:03:24 AM »
It plays in Winamp but only as a 13sec recording.

I'll try to import it as raw in CEP.

Thanks for the tips.
Mics: DPA 4021, AT 933, AKG CK31, CK32
Pre:  Sonosax SX-M2
Recorders: Oade ACM PMD660, Tascam DR-60D, Tascam DR-2D, Sony PCM-M10[x2]
DIME List: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=919941

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com