Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Marantz PMD661 MPLANG folder  (Read 3056 times)

Offline bhoy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Marantz PMD661 MPLANG folder
« on: March 25, 2012, 08:16:13 PM »
I've been using the Marantz PMD661 for about a year now.  Upgraded the FW before Xmas, everything's been running fine. I recently noticed that all of sudden, files are now no longer being put into an MPLANG folder.  Files I record are put right in the root.  I can't get the unit to make an MPLANG folder.

Just wondering if anyone knows what I might have done to get rid of the default MPLANG folder.  I format the card in the unit before every recording.  I would think the format procedure would write the MPLANG folder, but it doesn't.  Then when I go to record, again, files go to the root directory.  As a side effect of this, the unit leaves behind these .DAT files in the root that don't get deleted.  I guess the unit expects to be writing to MPLANG.

If anyone has seen this before, I'd love to know what I might have done.  Some setting perhaps?

Bill

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Marantz PMD661 MPLANG folder
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 08:34:24 PM »
The 661 I have puts the files in a dirctory called .Trash and I can only see the files on any os but windows if I move the file from .Trash to root. Not sure what's going on with mine or yours.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline puzzls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 02:21:25 PM »
Hi There,

Just wondering if you ever figured this out.  The same thing just happened to me.  Suddenly no MPLANG folder.  The .wavs are in the root with a couple of .DAT files.  Everything seems to work fine - but I hate when things change and I don't know why.
Let me know if you get the chance.

Thanks!
Mark

Offline jb63

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Taperssection Member
  • if not now when?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 05:33:05 PM »
Try making an mplang folder on your card while it's in the computer.
Then when it's back in the unit, reformat the card, then save the presets to the card, record a little bit and then see where it goes when you pop it into a card reader.

Anyone know what to do when you make a recording, play it back on the machine and it's fine, but it won't show up on the card when read by a card reader OR through the USB connection?

All I have is a blank card and an empty machine, according to every Mac operating system I have.
But when I push play on the deck, it plays the whole recording.

W T F?!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:42:29 PM by jb63 »
once again, lost in all the noise

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com