Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Found new bug in 1.4.5, anyone else getting this?  (Read 1788 times)

Offline bewildered

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Found new bug in 1.4.5, anyone else getting this?
« on: November 19, 2006, 02:34:36 PM »
If i have the MT charging via usb and i turn it on, and then i turn it off, all i have to do is touch the power or record button and it instantly turns back on, no bootup sequence, which tells me it never turned off in the first place. ive told m-audio about this, maybe its not new but ive never noticed this before updating to firmware 1.4.5.

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Found new bug in 1.4.5, anyone else getting this?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »
I haven't updated firmware in awhile (since I haven't owned an MT in several months), but this was an issue 6 months or so ago. Again, it may have been fixed at some point between then and now, but it did exist previously.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline scoper

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 06:19:22 PM »
Not new, and not a bug... it's been around for a long time. Once the unit is turned on, as long as power is applied at the USB connection, even if turned off it's in a kind of "standby" mode, and can be activated in seconds with a press of power or record.
AT853U cardioid (low sens mod)| Countryman B3 Omni (low sens mod) > CA-UGLY II > Sony PCM-M10

Former: Sony MiniDisc/JB3/MicroTrack/R-09HR

Offline KLowe

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • CrossFit....check you ego at the door
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 12:29:08 AM »
speaking of MT bugs.  Has anyone else had the problem with the MT just shutting down for no reason.  Fully charged battery and external battery pack with 5v juice box.  Set one at umphreys 24/48..... beautiful.  set 2 ...MT dies and defaults to the M-audio screen.

Checked the battery pack and I get the four green lights (good).

WTF?  I suspect that it is b/c i'm recording to a microdrive and the internal battery cannot handle the extra load.  but really I have no clue other than the fact that i HATE that thing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

PS.  should I go with 671 ACM mod or R-4 ???

I actually work for a living with music, instead of you jerk offs who wish they did.

bwaaaahahahahahaha.... that is awesome!

Offline jtessier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 11:15:31 AM »
Not new, and not a bug... it's been around for a long time. Once the unit is turned on, as long as power is applied at the USB connection, even if turned off it's in a kind of "standby" mode, and can be activated in seconds with a press of power or record.

Yeah, the MicroTrack can never be both off and plugged into power at the same time. If you try to turn it off when it's plugged in it will be held in this kind of standby state as you say. In fact if you go to this state and then remove power it will fianlly power down the rest of the way.

J.T.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com