Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Standalone cd recorder setup plan.  (Read 2129 times)

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
Standalone cd recorder setup plan.
« on: July 12, 2007, 03:07:11 PM »
I want to donate a fixed recording setup at the coffeehouse I work at. Karma K-10 mics from the ceiling to a UA-5... (so far so good) now... can I come out of the UA-5 to a stand alone, consumer, stereo looking. cd burner. (do they they still make these??)   set the levels, push "RECORD" and away it goes till you press stop and then it finalizes the disk and it plays on other machines. All this needs to be one step recording with a product ready when they finish. There are 10 -15 min between acts.

Am I all washed up on this plan.  Anybody have one of these?? Do they take those "MUSIC" blank cds??
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 03:15:25 PM by bdasilva »
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
Re: Standalone cd recorder setup plan.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 03:12:51 PM »
i used to transfer dat's to a harmonkardon dual cdr burner. it had both an optical and coax digital input. i would connect the M1 to it via active coax 7 pin hit play and record on the cdr burner. after you would just need to finalize the disc which would take 2 minutes total. i'm sure you could do the same with mic>xlr>ua5.cdr burner.

i think the harmonkardon model was HK CDR26 or something like that.

edit to say: i think i still have the burner, but i'm not sure if it still works...

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 03:13:26 PM »
mine needs special music cds...  :-\
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

easy jim

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 03:18:57 PM »
I want to donate a fixed recording setup at the coffeehouse I work at. Karma K-10 mics from the ceiling to a UA-5... (so far so good) now... can I come out of the UA-5 to a stand alone, consumer, stereo looking. cd burner. (do they they still make these??)   set the levels, push "RECORD" and away it goes till you press stop and then it finalizes the disk and it plays on other machines. All this needs to be one step recording with a product ready when they finish. There are 10 -15 min between acts.

Am I all washed up on this plan.  Anybody have one of these?? Do they take those "audio" blank cds??

I've done this at shows a couple times with a Tascam CD-RW750, using the CD burner as a second recorder.  Another postive for the Tascam burners is that they will perform high quality on-the-fly resampling from a 32-48khz input signal on the digital input.  Since it is a pro level unit, any type of CD-R works and they ignore SCMS from consumer digital signals.

One big issue with using CD burners as recorders at shows, however, is vibrations.  If there will be any significant amplified bass in the room, you will either want it to be in a shock-mounted rack or on some kind of monitor float (flat surface mounted on heavy-duty foam for shock absorption).

Offline Jamos

• Trade Count: (61)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 03:45:16 PM »
I second the Tascam burners...
I use a CD-RW2000 often to record live gigs.  It's not picky about the kind of blank disc it needs and has a variety of inputs.  Very easy to use.

They still make them.

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 06:21:01 PM »
The cables lead back to the kitchen... on a counter. All acoustic music. Never any vibration.  This sounds great.

Google Fiddlers Dream
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

nameloc01

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 07:27:33 PM »
i have a SONY rcdw500 cd burner. any kind of audio signal is capable of being ran into it, and in turn being burned to a cdr. the Sony requires audio/music cds.not datas.this particular unit has a 5 disc changer also.
i have mine hooked up to my A/V system. i regularly put my master recordings onto cd via it,television music programs also for audio ( if i dont use my stand alone dvdr),vinyl>cdr works,along with FM stereo broadcasts and cassettes transfers.they are very versatile tools.

if you're recording live music with it, i'd run the signal through a mixer/pre then into an amp/receiver then digitally into the burner.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com