Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-44 - 4 Channel Recorder (Part Tres)  (Read 98623 times)

Offline andyjah

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Edirol R-44 - 4 Channel Recorder (Part Tres)
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2008, 01:25:29 PM »
So can anyone recommend any reliable 16 or 32 gb sdhc cards. Also any good deals on them. I've been searching for the specific ones on the Edirol list and can't seem to find the Panasonic or Toshiba ones. Also the Sandisk I can not find the exact model they recommend. I will be running 24/96, not sure if that makes a difference as far as the reliability of the cards. Usually 2 channel but occasionally four channels. Looking forward to joining the R-44 team.  ;D ;D

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2008, 03:09:14 PM »
The class 4 PNY cards that are made for HD video cameras seem to work well.  I use the 16GB model and have not had problems at all.  They also make a 32GB model that is on sale at Costco for $120.  I would suggest trying that if you want to try a 32gb that should be reliable.

PNY 16gb

PNY 32gb

Offline andyjah

• Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »
The class 4 PNY cards that are made for HD video cameras seem to work well.  I use the 16GB model and have not had problems at all.  They also make a 32GB model that is on sale at Costco for $120.  I would suggest trying that if you want to try a 32gb that should be reliable.

PNY 16gb

PNY 32gb

Thank you for the reply. +T

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2008, 05:22:11 PM »
Sound Devices user forums keeps a regular running list of prices and post a chart of xfer times.  It is a useful site.
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2008, 12:04:11 AM »
Sound Devices user forums keeps a regular running list of prices and post a chart of xfer times.  It is a useful site.

Yeah, but they won't tell you if it is known to work reliably in an R44 will they?
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Offline TSM

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2008, 02:44:38 PM »
Hi
 Has anyone got there R44 apart? I took the 5 screws out from the bottom but the case wouldn't shift.
I want to see what they use for the gain stages and whether I could mod it.
Thanks

kirk97132

« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2008, 03:26:07 PM »
Hi
 Has anyone got there R44 apart? I took the 5 screws out from the bottom but the case wouldn't shift.
Thanks

You're braver than I! Only time I take my gear apart is if I've got nothing to lose.  So I'm wondering.  Mod it how? 

Offline Carlos E. Martinez

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2008, 04:18:33 PM »
Hi
Thanks

To start with it would be better to get a service manual first. Is it possible to get one from Edirol?

From what Busman and others are doing, apparently you can upgrade the input chips.

From the Edirol R-09HR mods on another topic there might be some improvements in the phantom power bypassing too, modifying the supply cap close to the input.

Offline hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2008, 12:16:29 AM »
R44 put to good use...

Thanks for the excellent pic and a good laugh.  I needed that tonight!  :D

Offline mfoley

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2008, 03:30:15 AM »

PNY 16gb

PNY 32gb

Have you tried them using the 4 X 1 recording mode....that seems to be the dividing line whether they will work or not....

Offline bugg100

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2008, 04:06:55 AM »
Sandisk 8gb HD Video  SDSDHV-008G-A15

works fine 4x1 so far.

Offline Len Moskowitz (Core Sound)

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Core Sound
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2008, 08:38:23 PM »
So can anyone recommend any reliable 16 or 32 gb sdhc cards.

We're using the Transcend Class 6 16 GB cards here with an R-44/TetraMic setup. They seem to work fine, and for under $40 they're a good value.
Len Moskowitz
Core Sound
www.core-sound.com

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2008, 07:48:29 AM »
I came across this page of end-user R-44 reviews just now - includes some really bizarre "cons"!  Really weird.  One guy complaining that he can't fix it to a lighting stand, one says there's no gain control, another that he can't connect rca plugs to the line inputs... makes me feel like saying, "give it to someone who deserves it - you don't!"

http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_872117_edirol_r_44_solid_state_four_channel_reviews

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
I came across this page of end-user R-44 reviews just now - includes some really bizarre "cons"!  Really weird.  One guy complaining that he can't fix it to a lighting stand, one says there's no gain control, another that he can't connect rca plugs to the line inputs... makes me feel like saying, "give it to someone who deserves it - you don't!"

http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_872117_edirol_r_44_solid_state_four_channel_reviews

Yes odd...what had me surprised more than anything was the £895 price to the left, ~$1400 USD, ouch :) Given it's a random review on a price comparison site I wouldn't be too worried what he said. About being deserving, well I can't comment I have been using mine to record popcorn making :)

digifish
- What's this knob do?

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2008, 07:47:46 PM »

Yes odd...what had me surprised more than anything was the £895 price to the left, ~$1400 USD, ouch :) Given it's a random review on a price comparison site I wouldn't be too worried what he said. About being deserving, well I can't comment I have been using mine to record popcorn making :)

digifish

Regardless of the hilarious review, I absolutely love mine. Best. Value. Evar.
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.349 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com