Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 Question  (Read 2201 times)

Offline shroominhumpy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
JB3 Question
« on: March 11, 2004, 09:22:27 PM »
Alright, I really want to go the JB3 route and I am trying to get a deal. On ebay right now there is someone selling a JB3 with this description. If I end up being the winning bidder, or someone else on this board is. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

This is a used Jukebox 3 that I owned for 3 months before it malfunctioned. It worked great until I tried to download the latest firmware. Now the unit hangs at the Blue Jukebox window when plugged into AC plug. It is like new exterior since I put it in the leather jacket when I bought it. This includes 2 batteries that have been cycled 4 cyles and the leather cover. This is not a working unit. All that you see is included in original box. Sold as is.

Here is also a link to the auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3083990099&category=15058
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
Re:JB3 Question
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 09:28:55 PM »
I was looking at that one too...I THINK(just a guess) that you could d/l the older firmware(or newer if wanted) and try to install that firmware...I honeslty think this guy just doesn't know enough and gave up.  I won't bid since i know other members are looking at it(it might kinda piss da wife off, since i JUST got a new 3.0ghz laptop and new AKG 391's).  Good luck on it if you decide to get it.  
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline shroominhumpy

• Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 09:38:02 PM »
I am really tempted to bid. I was kind of having your line of thinking, in that his perseverance isn't that of someone like us. I want to bid too, but I am going out of town this week, and I am thinking that it will suck. I can't check the net or anything for a week. I think I will e-mail the guy, so that if I do bid and win he will know whats up...I hate MD at this point and really want something with easy, digital transfers. Any other opinions on what to do out there?

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 10:10:02 PM »
I dont know how long you will be out of town..but there is no BuyitNow, and the auction has 8 days+ left...you might wanna wait and see whats going on at that point when you get home....You may start a bidding war.
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline phishmarisol

• Taperssection Regular
  • Team MP3 Baby
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 10:29:47 PM »
About the same thing happened to me.  Not cause of Firmware...the unit just starting freezing when trying to rebuild the library and wouldn't ever go any further.  I simply formatted the HD...so, so easy...and it works like a champ now.  I would be willing to bet a lot of money that it would take 30 seconds to get this working again.  However, part of me thinks that if this guy paid over $200 for a piece of hardware that he would have contacted the company and already tried to format the HD.

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 08:44:59 AM »

I forgot what Creative Charges for OOW repairs, I thought it was a flat rate.  If the Flat Rate is considerably less than a new one+winning bid, it STILL may be a good buy.

90 day warranty really SUCKS.  I got mine direct from Creative, the DAY THEY STARTED SHIPPING (told 'em I was doing a magazine review and needed it immediately).

I ya really wanna be a prick, buy one at CompUSSR, swap the guts with this one, and return it all pissed off (Hey dude, this thing's BROKEN.  No, I'm pissed I don't want another one).

Bidding war is already started.  It'll edge up, a dollar at a time, until someone gets stuck paying $300 for a broken, OOW unit.

(think I'll go bid $100 <g>)

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 08:50:09 AM »
i also had that same problem, that happened to me when trying to delete the 20 gigs of mp3s the seller left on there when i got it off ebay

all that is needed is to do a hd format and you will be good to go, i would bet on it

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 09:46:19 AM »
go for it
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline tradja

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 02:20:11 PM »
Just for interest, post and let us know how it works out (if you are the winning bidder).

Good luck!
Oktava MK012s->Canare Star Quads->DIY digimod UA-5->JB3, monitored through Beyer-pad modded Sony V6 cans

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com