Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: taping with a muvo2 4 gig?  (Read 2394 times)

Offline charades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • lions and balances
    • waltz2
taping with a muvo2 4 gig?
« on: March 29, 2004, 02:51:31 PM »
i was perusing amazon (i have lots of spare time) and i saw that the nomad muvo2 by creative was 200 dollars. it had a 4 gig capacity and was portable, etc. and i knew the old nomads could tape concerts at 44.1kHz/16 (or even higher? i think..). yes i know they were battery drainers and stuff. but its better than spending a lot of money on a portable DAT like a d8 or m1, which isnt even supported by major manufactuers anymore..

so onto my point, i want to be able to record lossless shows.
i have access to a nice pair or neumann caps and phantom power, but i need a device to record it to.
i was reading their site, and there is firmware upgrades which allows the muvo2 to record. it says "voice or fm" recording functionality....
i want to know if it can a) record via the 1/8th out headphone jack...(like if i can put my mic -> preamp -> muvo, and have it record) and b) if it can record at 44.1 kHz/16 bit...

if anyone knows, it'd be a great help if they could tell me
and you'll be helping the community out in the long run since i'll be taping shows for it ;-P (i was going to tape the vines/jet/living end/neon show at avalon in boston, but alas, no recorder, so couldnt.)

thanks
word.

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
Re:taping with a muvo2 4 gig?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 03:14:33 PM »
for $179 or less get a refurb 20GB jb3 off of ebay, proven to record 16bit and up to 48khz...muvo is not proven to do anything and only 4gb is pitiful.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline charades

• Taperssection Regular
  • lions and balances
    • waltz2
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 03:46:36 PM »
the 4gb is tiny, so it's far easier to stealth, though
and dont the JB3's eat batteries like mad? I hear it only gets 20 minutes of run time...
word.

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 03:56:38 PM »
the 4gb is tiny, so it's far easier to stealth, though
and dont the JB3's eat batteries like mad? I hear it only gets 20 minutes of run time...

I don't know where you heard that.  For recording you'll get about 3 hours out of each battery, 11 for playback.
Mike

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 04:33:58 PM »
The Creative site has no technical specs on the Muvo 2, making me think that they 1) don't want people to know, 'cause then they'd see that they were paying $400 for something that a $100 MP3 player could do, or 2) they are counting on people being dumb.

So I did Googled:

http://www.mp3shopping.com/english/creative_nomad_muvo_2.htm

This page has specs for the Muvo 2 4 gig.  

It does NOT support WAV, it has no input jack, and the only way to get info on or off is the USB.  At $400, I could buy 2x Nomads...

T
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 04:56:26 PM »
yeah go with the JB3. don't mess with that muvo POS. also for all the info on jb3 just search the site. I think after reading the first thread you'll want the jb3

Brian

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 06:38:19 PM »
i want to know if it can a) record via the 1/8th out headphone jack...(like if i can put my mic -> preamp -> muvo, and have it record) and b) if it can record at 44.1 kHz/16 bit...

There's no way you can record INTO an OUTPUT jack.
Mike

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com