Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Noise at Track Boundaries  (Read 2263 times)

Offline rockumal

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Noise at Track Boundaries
« on: March 30, 2004, 01:14:56 PM »
Hey all-

My b&p of the Lemonwheel FM's came.  Beyond the fades between many tracks to remove the station identification (wtf?) they have noise at the track boundaries (beyond what the pencil in soundforge can fix) for example from Funky B!tch>Cities.  (The guy that b&'d them has them as well but failed to mention it.)  Is there a program I can run the tracks through (or a process I can undertake) that can help remedy this?  I'd just toss them but I've had a h#ll of a time getting the FM's from anyone and I'd like to salvage them and spread them around but only if they're clean.  I've got SF, Samp 5.55, Vegas 2.0, Wavelab and CE2k...  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Offline mirth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
Re:Noise at Track Boundaries
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 03:13:28 PM »
could be SBE's.... did you run it thru shntool? I'm assuming your B&P was for SHN/FLAC and not a straight audio CD....
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline rockumal

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 05:46:02 PM »
I'm learning to use shntool tonight.  Will running waves through it help at all?  I ask because I had to get audios from the guy, he didn't have the shows in SHN/FLAC :(

+t for the help!

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 06:15:14 PM »
Joe???  IS that you???  I'll ask around on PCP if anyone over there can B&P that particular source for us...  

That is, I'll ask next week, when I get back from this nightmare trip called "working at the Tampa office."

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline rockumal

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 09:32:29 PM »
Hey Terry, yeah it's me, I surface here from time to time.  If someone on PCP (or anywhere else) can do it that'd be incredible.  Hell, I'd be happy with the analogs I had back then. +t
----
On an offtopic note, did I ever send you a text of those Dylan/Cash discs?  It seems Richmond never got it (the text) and I deleted mine as I gave him my discs...

Offline mgleason007

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 03:01:32 AM »
You can't fix skips on audio discs... period.  Many people say you can but you can never get it truly perfect, as it would sound off of the original.  Sorry :-\
Mike

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 09:57:41 AM »
Hey Terry, yeah it's me, I surface here from time to time.  If someone on PCP (or anywhere else) can do it that'd be incredible.  Hell, I'd be happy with the analogs I had back then. +t
----
On an offtopic note, did I ever send you a text of those Dylan/Cash discs?  It seems Richmond never got it (the text) and I deleted mine as I gave him my discs...

No text file, I don;t think...  I've only listened to Dy;an Cash sessions, and went out a bought Nashville Skyline because of it...  Very good...

I'm in Tampa, when I get home, I'll look and email it to RIC-Mike...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline rockumal

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 10:40:12 AM »
^^^
mgleason- that's what I expected.  Thanks for the info! +t

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com