Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sector Boundry Errors and Standalone CDR  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Weirdness

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • ...driftin' and dreamin'...
Sector Boundry Errors and Standalone CDR
« on: April 01, 2004, 09:45:35 PM »
Howdy all!
     I just tried to do a search on this and couldn't find anything, so any help would be appreciated.  I realize that shntool is the thing to identify SBE's and repair them, but I've just spent a fair bit of time trying to get this program to work and now realize that the installation of this thing is way over my computer illiterate head until I find someone that can come over and help me out.  

Long story short, my transfers are done from my DA-P1 to a Tascam CDRW-700.  I have a number of shows that I would like to convert and do torrents with, but don't want to seed anything that isn't right to begin with.  

So, I am wondering if the standalone units automatically compensate for this SBE thing, or if my masters could still have these flaws.  Also, if there is any other program that can be used to identify these that you know of, that would be great too.  Thanks guys!!!

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Sector Boundry Errors and Standalone CDR
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 01:48:54 PM »
Standalone burners just place the track split wherever you hit the button, which may or may not be on the sector boundary. The best bet if you're going to use a standalone is to burn the show as one long track per disc, then split the tracks on your PC using CD Wav or another editing program.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 03:45:06 PM »
Nick is right.

Burn the DAT>CDR as one long track.  Hopefully you can get entire sets to fit onto single discs so there isn't any overlap/missing stuff between the switch from one disc to the next.

Then EAC>CDWave the long tracks.  Using CDWave like this will prevent any SBEs.  Remember to trim the very beginning and the very end too.  

If you get 2 long waves for a set, you'll have to do some kind of joining of the two in Soundforge ro something so they line-up correctly...  I don't recommend this, because while SBEs may be avoided, it is hard to get good clean transitions between the last track of one disc and the first track of the next...  

Check out the seeding guidelines at wiki.etree.org

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Weirdness

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • ...driftin' and dreamin'...
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 04:49:05 PM »
Thanks guys! Muchly appreciated!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.233 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com