Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Crocodile Cafe...Train...Seattle any info appreciated.  (Read 4038 times)

Offline ChrisV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Proud member of team 'Lux!
    • My Taping Webpage
Crocodile Cafe...Train...Seattle any info appreciated.
« on: May 13, 2004, 04:18:35 AM »
Wondering if any of you Seattle people can help me out with some info since I've never been to this particular venue before.   So what is the lowdown on the Crocodile Cafe?   Look like quite a few taper friendly bands have been through there.  Do they make you setup in a specific area or can you just setup anywhere?  

How about getting gear in...do they always check your stuff or don't care like any other type of normal bartype venue?   I am just a little paranoid now being that I've been denied 2 times on my last 2 attempts to what I thought were taper friendly band concerts in Portland.    Maybe my luck will change up in Seattle though(hopefully).

This is a lame request but if anyone happens to be downtown tomorrow could they check for me at the Train concert?(not actually go to the concert, it is sold out anyways I think).  I just want to friggen know ahead of time if they are going to allow taping or not for sure for this tour(I am going to Friday and Saturday shows).   I tried emailing them and asking but no reply still after 4 days.  I'd love the bad news ahead of time cause if I go hoping to tape again and get rejected a third straight time for a concert I am gonna go completely bonkers :yikes:
http://taping.4t.com
http://db.etree.org/CV
Superlux CM-H8K/C/H/O -> digimod UA-5 -> JB3

Offline thoman8r

• Proud member of the reality-based community
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Let's go Pens!
Re:Crocodile Cafe...Train...Seattle any info appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 08:31:50 AM »
I had 0 problems taping them in philly at the beginning of April.  I believe their tour manager's name is Tom(my?) Not positive though.  Good guy.  You should be fine.

Dave
"No. Don't call me a hero. Do you know who the real heroes are? The guys who wake up every morning and go in their normal jobs and get a distress call from the commissioner and take off their glasses and change into capes and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes."
- Dwight Schrute

Offline olyrc

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I dig music.
    • My tapes on archive.org
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 10:59:02 AM »
Chris-

You shouldn't have too much trouble getting your gear in, but to warn you, the Croc sucks ass.  Posts in the middle of the floor and not-so-great acoustics.  My least favorite venue for sure.  The staff there is pretty cool though.  If you took the Croc staff and put them at the Roseland, you'd have a sweet venue.

-Ryan
Sonic Studios DSM-6S/L > PA-24 > TASCAM DR-07

Offline blu666z

• Trade Count: (1)
  • AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 12:51:22 PM »
Staff is definately cool.  Normally they will want to loko in your bag but never had a problem with being stopped.  Pretty sure Mel is gonna be down for one of the shows.  If I come across $30 I may show up too.  The Croc is not my favorite but it has moved up on my list lately.  When they run with the wall up between the bar and the listening room, the sound is much better.  Fucking hot box though.  Mel and I noticed they have a new sound system which is far superior to the old one.  Best place to set up is at the pole that is almost DC in the back of the room.  good spot bc you can set your bag behind the pole.  Most people will stay away from it since you can see around it.   There is a conduit that runs up the pole that can be clamped onto if your mics aren't too heavy.  Look for the soundman, usually wearing a sport jacket.  Ask him just to be sure but he's pretty cool about it if you talk to him.  

-Kevin

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 03:55:50 PM »
Thanks guys for all the info and +T to you all :)

Keeping my fingers crossed...my girlfriend's mom is going to these shows too I am hoping to tape them and hook her up with copies of the shows ;p

I wonder if they'll still be doing the soundboard 1st set copies for this leg of tour and handing out to everyone.   Even if they do it still may be nice to have an audience tape and plus there wouldn't be 2nd set available.

Yeah Kevin, it sucks though that all 3 of these shows have been sold out for a while so even if you had a spare 30 bucks lying around may not be possible(although maybe they'll release a few at the door).

Gonna PM or email Mel and see if and which one he is going to.

Thanks again everyone.

Offline olyrc

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I dig music.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 06:21:59 PM »
Thanks guys for all the info and +T to you all :)

Keeping my fingers crossed...my girlfriend's mom is going to these shows too I am hoping to tape them and hook her up with copies of the shows ;p

I wonder if they'll still be doing the soundboard 1st set copies for this leg of tour and handing out to everyone.   Even if they do it still may be nice to have an audience tape and plus there wouldn't be 2nd set available.

Yeah Kevin, it sucks though that all 3 of these shows have been sold out for a while so even if you had a spare 30 bucks lying around may not be possible(although maybe they'll release a few at the door).

Gonna PM or email Mel and see if and which one he is going to.

Thanks again everyone.

Yup, I was going to try to hit these too, but heard about them waaaay too late.  Mel seems to have good luck showing up with no ticket and paying face or less, so maybe I'll try that...

Offline blu666z

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 08:51:15 PM »
 Mel seems to have good luck showing up with no ticket and paying face or less, so maybe I'll try that...

That's the only reason I hang out with him....having some good karma around is always a plus.

-Kevin

Offline imjustchillin

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 09:38:06 PM »
kevin batched out tonight so looks like we'll see ya there tomorrow. we'll be the guys outside begging for tix. no wait, who am i kidding. we'll be down the street getting tossed and try and pull something 30 minutes before show time.  ;)

Offline blu666z

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 10:01:44 PM »
we'll be down the street getting tossed and try and pull something 30 minutes before show time.  ;)

Which shows just how much you've rubbed off on me.  A year ago I would show up 3 hours before the show.  

Offline thoman8r

• Proud member of the reality-based community
  • Let's go Pens!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 01:00:27 AM »

Probably, but it will also probably sound like ass and be tracked horribly (being on the fly and all).  The philly soundboard I heard was terrible.  Chris Jones' audience tape blew it out of the water, as did mine, for that matter.

Dave
"No. Don't call me a hero. Do you know who the real heroes are? The guys who wake up every morning and go in their normal jobs and get a distress call from the commissioner and take off their glasses and change into capes and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes."
- Dwight Schrute

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 01:12:40 AM »
kevin batched out tonight so looks like we'll see ya there tomorrow. we'll be the guys outside begging for tix. no wait, who am i kidding. we'll be down the street getting tossed and try and pull something 30 minutes before show time.  ;)

Lazy bastards....now no one is taping tonight ;p j/k

But that's really good news on you guys coming down tomorrow.  It is a pretty early start time(for a Friday) of 8:00 PM and no openers I think.   Tickets have been very scarce and expensive so there'll probably be a ton of people looking for 'em before show so I'd probably get there a tad earlier than 30 mins before show time(not necessarily 3 hours but just a little bit early).

I am trying to get out of town extremely early afternoon(like 1 PM) tomorrow because I want no part of the Friday rush hour traffic.  Plus I'd like to find a hotel and checkin there before the show.   So hopefully 30 mins - 1 hr before doors open.   Lemme know if I can help out on the hunt for tickets too and can try to snag any for face for you.   I am bringing my full rig and stand too.   PM/email me if anything else plans wise comes up otherwise I'll cya tomorrow(either outside or in depending when you get there) :)

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2004, 01:15:36 AM »

Probably, but it will also probably sound like ass and be tracked horribly (being on the fly and all).  The philly soundboard I heard was terrible.  Chris Jones' audience tape blew it out of the water, as did mine, for that matter.

Dave

Yeah, I've heard those sbd ones I downloaded off STG and think we can easily top 'em :)

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2004, 04:31:30 AM »
LOL.....so who is gonna book me a stay at the insane asylum? ;p

Offline olyrc

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I dig music.
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2004, 01:04:47 PM »
LOL.....so who is gonna book me a stay at the insane asylum? ;p

Man, what happened now?! ::)

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2004, 03:20:55 PM »
Denied at the door again....the staff told me no audio...only thing they were allowing in was cameras.   I asked them if they were sure on no audio and they said yes, since they were having Train for 3 nights they checked and were indeed sure and there was going to be no audio allowed for all 3 nights.

Didn't see Kevin or Mel there...assuming they decided not to go or showed up earlier than me and got the same message.

Well at least one thing good about this trip is we got a sweet suite for 40 bucks and has high speed internet access.   Gotta love priceline.com.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com