Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DA-P1 problem  (Read 1922 times)

Offline jhirte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • At ease atleast yeah.
DA-P1 problem
« on: September 25, 2004, 11:54:39 AM »
Had this happen last night, while the deck was in record monitor mode, I tried starting recording, the "play" light came on the lcd and the record light was on, but the counter wasn't moving.....
hitting stop wasn't working, tried powering off, nada. pulled the power, tried recording again, worked fine!
THEN.... it happened again! I had to do the same thing (pull power) to get it to start recording....

Also, tape wouldn't eject afterward either, ended up doing what I had to to last time this happened: pull power, plug back in, hold eject button while powering back on.

f'n weird. tape is fine, no issues with it at all. but am curious if someone else ran into this issue ?

-Jim

Offline macroint

• Jeff's List
Re: DA-P1 problem
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 07:30:12 PM »
>f'n weird. tape is fine, no issues with it at all.
>but am curious if someone else ran into this issue ?

I'm curious as well...and if you have anything else good or bad to say about the DA-P1 I'd be interested, as I'm considering buying one in the next couple of days.

Jeff

Peluso CEMC6>PS-2>AD-20>NJB3

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC
http://baltimore-taper.blogspot.com

Offline jhirte

• At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 11:43:55 AM »
this is the only real problem I've had with a P1, been running one for over a year now... no complaints otherwise!

-Jim

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 12:42:18 PM »
sounds like the record heads are getting stuck trying to engage, would explain the record light being on, but no counter movement, also would explain why you can't eject, if the recording heads are stuck say half way engaged...it won't pop the tape..

been using mine for 2+ years now, never had a problem with it...solid deck, though a dying technology
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline jhirte

• At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 07:54:24 PM »
Hrmm.. gonna have to play around with it and such... if I keep running into this, might send in to get looked at, etc..
Good thing the D8 is a-ok!

-Jim

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.149 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com