Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3... Broken?  (Read 6925 times)

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Real men wear kilts.
Re: JB3... Broken?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2004, 10:38:32 AM »
This unit may end up being better than my current JB3...My first one is a refurb...and the battery wont charge...and it seems a bit more touchy about heat...so if the battery will charge...I'm back in the stealth scene...

2  of my 3 are refurbs. The first one will charge one battery, but not the other. And last night I plugged in the newest refurb to chearge the battery for the first time and this morning it still wasn't charged. Anyone else having charging issues?
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline nuclear_ned

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2004, 11:15:54 AM »
Mine is already fucked up.. Its giving me Firmware problem.. and it did it right in the middle of the second set of mule last night.. wtf  >:(

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2004, 11:18:41 AM »
This unit may end up being better than my current JB3...My first one is a refurb...and the battery wont charge...and it seems a bit more touchy about heat...so if the battery will charge...I'm back in the stealth scene...

2  of my 3 are refurbs. The first one will charge one battery, but not the other. And last night I plugged in the newest refurb to chearge the battery for the first time and this morning it still wasn't charged. Anyone else having charging issues?

Have you tried cleaningthe contacts both in the unit and on the batt proper?
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2004, 11:32:47 AM »
Yeah, I did that. I just got off the phone with creative and they want me try another battery in the unit. If the second battery works they want me to just send the battery back. If it doesn't then the whole unit needs to go back...

"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2004, 11:21:28 AM »
Well, apparently that was a big ol' lie. I did the test. The unit works fine with other batteries in it. It charges other batteries just fine. The suspect battery will not charge in any of the 3 units. So I call tech support back. They want me to call customer service. I do. They want the whole unit back, even with what tech support told me and the tests I did to get to the root of the problem. 30mins on the phone with them gets me no where. (of course 10-15 of those minutes were on hold). I don't want to send back the unit that works great (I used it for the Galactic shows this weekend). I just want to exchange the defective battery. Talk to a "supervisor" that sounds 12 and like he's shaking in his boots. Want to talk to his supervisor, what's his name? They aren't allowed to give out that information. Horrible customer service. It's a matter of principle now.  >:(

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com