Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cheap Pre-amp mic  (Read 2152 times)

Offline jacobs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Cheap Pre-amp mic
« on: November 03, 2004, 11:47:09 AM »
I'm new around here. I've read a lot of the archives but am as confused as ever. I have a ripflash pro-2 which has a line in for recording. The built in mic gets blown away when I try to record a band with it. I'd like an inexpensive pre-amp mic that will allow me to record a decent recording. It should be small also. Any suggestions would be helpful.

TIA
Avie

Offline guajiro74

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Cheap Pre-amp mic
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 12:37:51 AM »
Hey!  What kind of mic are you using?  I got a decent preamp on ebay.  Do a search for Church Audio and you should find their preamp.  The only problem is that the selectable gain is -20 db and +20 db....  The -20 records pretty softly though, so you have to boost the gain once your transfer it to your PC.  I've been very happy with this very inexpensive preamp ($40 or so)...

Offline itsmyforte

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Cheap Pre-amp mic
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 10:38:13 AM »
you want a cheap mic preamp, build one yourself.  if you just want a battery box there are tons of designs on the web to build one.  if you need an actual preamp.  i would suggest using a 5532 opamp, good carbon type resistors with mylar or metallized poly caps.  many designs can be found on the net.  you can have up to about 60db of gain with a 5532.  relatively low noise, an alternative would be a TL072. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com