Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: OM LS-P5  (Read 1321 times)

Offline pillowman

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
    • www.openingtime.lima-city.de
OM LS-P5
« on: September 28, 2024, 06:38:05 AM »
Hey community,
I am a newly owner of the OM LS-P5 recorder and I was out with this little unit last night.
Unfortunately I have some set up things still to fix I guess.

My equipment chain was the following
and the concert was some loud, amplified concert

2x Sennheiser ME104 > SP.BBox (12V) > OM LS-P5

1. I had to  run the input level @ '1'  if it had been possible I would have gone even deeper
 2. for my taste the rcording sound some kind of thin

IF a good soul outside have any clue about any possible set up change or improvement
I am more than curious, thanks !

pillowman
RECORDERS: Sony PCM-A10 / 3x Sony PCM-M10 / TASCAM DR-2d / Sony NH 600 / Sharp MD-MT180(H) / Sony MZ-R35
MICS: LINE AUDIO CM3, AT853c, ATU853c, hc  (4.7k mod) / Sony ECM-717 / 3x Sennheiser ME104
BBox's: RiotBox [pre-amp / power supply] / Denecke PS-2 / SP-SPSB-9 / SP-SPSB-10 / SP-SPSB-20 / Soundman A3

trading page: www.openingtime.lima-city.de

Offline u2_fly_2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: OM LS-P5
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2024, 09:41:21 AM »
Hey community,
I am a newly owner of the OM LS-P5 recorder and I was out with this little unit last night.

1. I had to  run the input level @ '1'  if it had been possible I would have gone even deeper

IF a good soul outside have any clue about any possible set up change or improvement

pillowman

Sadly I have no experience with this device, but I do have a Olympus LS-10 and it has been with me since 2009...very good to stealth with + the external mics ofcourse.

What do you think is the best / worst with the OM LS-P5 so far?
Soundprofessionals Audio Technica AT 943 (SP-CMC-8) External Stereo Microphones > SP-SPSB-10-80020
Sound Professionals Micro-mini microphone power supply with mini 12vdc battery and 24 inch hardwired output cable Soundprofessionals Batterybox >> Olympus Ls-10 Linear Recorder > 4 GB > 24 Bit / 48 Khz  > 24 Bit / 96 Khz

Zoom Q3 HD - 1080p / 96-24 Bit

Roland R-26 (96 / 24 Bit)

Sony PCM-D100 (192 / 24 Bit)

Offline pillowman

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
    • www.openingtime.lima-city.de
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2024, 04:49:33 AM »
Hey community,

pillowman

Sadly I have no experience with this device, but I do have a Olympus LS-10 and it has been with me since 2009...very good to stealth with + the external mics ofcourse.

heya,
thanks for your reply.

The worst for me (but I know not only for me) is the App  :-\ .. otherwise this recorder is very similar to my beloved Sony PCM A10  :yahoo:

I already fixed my questions about the right input setting after 2 feeld tests  :smash:
In the future I'll go LINE IN on the OM LS-P5 .. REC LEVEL '10' with the same equipment chain like above.

Thanks for the space !
pillowman
RECORDERS: Sony PCM-A10 / 3x Sony PCM-M10 / TASCAM DR-2d / Sony NH 600 / Sharp MD-MT180(H) / Sony MZ-R35
MICS: LINE AUDIO CM3, AT853c, ATU853c, hc  (4.7k mod) / Sony ECM-717 / 3x Sennheiser ME104
BBox's: RiotBox [pre-amp / power supply] / Denecke PS-2 / SP-SPSB-9 / SP-SPSB-10 / SP-SPSB-20 / Soundman A3

trading page: www.openingtime.lima-city.de

Offline u2_fly_2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2024, 05:10:33 AM »
Hey community,

pillowman

heya,
thanks for your reply.

The worst for me (but I know not only for me) is the App  :-\ .. otherwise this recorder is very similar to my beloved Sony PCM A10  :yahoo:

I already fixed my questions about the right input setting after 2 feeld tests  :smash:
In the future I'll go LINE IN on the OM LS-P5 .. REC LEVEL '10' with the same equipment chain like above.

Thanks for the space !
pillowman

Great to hear that.
Best of luck to you!
Keep on taping  :)
Soundprofessionals Audio Technica AT 943 (SP-CMC-8) External Stereo Microphones > SP-SPSB-10-80020
Sound Professionals Micro-mini microphone power supply with mini 12vdc battery and 24 inch hardwired output cable Soundprofessionals Batterybox >> Olympus Ls-10 Linear Recorder > 4 GB > 24 Bit / 48 Khz  > 24 Bit / 96 Khz

Zoom Q3 HD - 1080p / 96-24 Bit

Roland R-26 (96 / 24 Bit)

Sony PCM-D100 (192 / 24 Bit)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com