Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 32GB CF Cards w/ a 7xx recorder....Transcend or Ri-Data ???  (Read 7121 times)

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
32GB CF Cards w/ a 7xx recorder....Transcend or Ri-Data ???
« on: February 10, 2009, 06:37:02 PM »
Well folks, I am FINALLY BUYING a 32GB CF Card to go w/ my 722, and I was wondering what yinz thought was the better company overall ??? I am slightly biased towards the Ri-Data CF Cards since Ive been using an 8GB Ri-Data "Pro" 150x CF Card since around labor day weekend, of 2006. That Ri-Data card has been VERY SUCCESSFUL, and ever since purchasing that Ri-Data card, I have had nothing but GOOD THINGS TO SAY about Ri-Data. I had ORIGINALLY planned on buying the A-Data 32GB "Speedy" CF Card, but they are ALL out of stock, and discontinued for whatever reason ???

So, its either the Ri-Data 32GB "Lightning Series" 233x CF Card, OR the 32GB Transcend 133x CF Card ??? Also, there are (2) TWO Ri-Data "Lightning Series" cards which are the EXACT SAME THING, except the end of the products model number, one reads LIG, and the other reads LIG2 ??? Im "GUESSING" that the LIG2 is the newest of the 2 models ??? Even the package they come in is SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT ??? They are damn near identical, since the package just states what the other one does too, just in different spots on the front of the package ???

Here is the Transcend CF Card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208389

And the Ri-Data CF Card:
LIG
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820183225
AND
LIG2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820183191

Also, the (2) Ri-Data links I just linked yinz to, WTF is the difference between the two ??? Besides one having an LIG ending on the product name, and the other one having an LIG2 on the end of the product name ??? One is $84.99[LIG] and the other is $87.99[LIG2] ??? Can ANYONE tell me the difference between the two ??? Is the LIG2 just the newest model of that card, compared to the regular LIG ending ??? I guess that would make sense, since the LIG2 one is the more expensive of the two, and the LIG2 model number doesn't have ANY REVIEWS as of yet ???

I would appreciate ANYONE'S ADVICE on these two CF Cards, and especially users whom use a 7xx recorder like me ;) I mean, I ALREADY KNOW that BOTH would work GREAT in my 722, since the 7xx recorders can write/read damn near ANY and EVERY CF Card put into it, as its the one device us tapers use, that is compatible w/ EVERY CF CARD you put into it ;)

And like I said, I have had an 8GB Ri-Data "Pro" 150x CF Card, since around labor day 2006, and it has worked FLAWLESSLY for me since I got it, so that's why I'm leaning towards the Ri-Data "Lightning Series" 233x CF Card. Also, the Ri-Data CF Card has a write/read speed of 233x, while the Transcend has a speed of 133x. I know it doesn't really matter to us tapers, because ANYTHING OVER 45x will suffice us for writing 24-Bit/96kHz data, but the added speed could definitely be useful when transferring from my 722>PC ;) 8)

So, lets say I have my mind made up on the Ri-Data "Lightning Series" 233x CF Card, which one of the two would/should I buy ??? what would you guys buy, if you were looking for the PERFECT 32GB CF Card, and were SET on buying the Ri-Data (like I pretty much am) ??? The newest LIG2 MODEL NUMBER, OR THE OLDER LIG model number, which does have some reviews, while the "supposed newer" LIG2 doesn't have ANY REVIEWS on it, YET ;) Also, the LIG2 is a WHOLE 3 DOLLARS MORE, TOO :P ;D 8) :spin:

I would REALLY APPRECIATE ANYONE'S INPUT about those 3 cards, and specifically the Ri-Data cards, I just don't know which one TO BUY if I did go the Ri-Data route (which I'm definitely leaning towards the Ri-Data, but like I said, I'm UNSURE as to which one to buy ???

Thanks in Advance ;)

Bean
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
Re: 32GB CF Cards w/ a 7xx recorder....Transcend or Ri-Data ???
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 06:54:50 PM »
TLDR

but I did see you posted this in tapers, open and computer  :lol:
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 07:01:00 PM »
I have used the Transcend 32GB with 100% accurate and error free results with my 744 at 24/96 (4 channel) and posted as such in the SD forums.

It should work perfectly with your 722.

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 07:13:30 PM »
already been discussed briefly in recording media (only board this thread wasn't posted in? :P)

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,112665.0.html
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline leehookem

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Texas Tapers
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 09:34:52 AM »
Too Long Didn't Read
www.texastapers.org

AKG c480b ck61/ck63 > Tascam DR-70D
Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671
AKG ck61/63 > NBob Actives > Naiant PFA > Tascam DR-70D
Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671
Audiophile 2496 > Mytek Stereo96 DAC > Sony MDR-7506
Dual 1229 > Marantz 2270 > Kimber Kables > Cerwin Vega VS120

Canon Rebel XSi, EF 50 mm f/1.8, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

Offline spreetaper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Brooklynvibes.com
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 01:18:30 PM »
i too have used 32gb transcend for the past year or so with no issues at all (30+ shows)
My new blog site with live recordings and photography
(Brooklynvibes.com)

Cameras = Digital Rebel XT, XTi
Lenses =Canon 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, 
70-200mm f2.8, 24-70mm f2.8
Tokina AT-X 124 (12-24 f/4)

Main Rig = AKG 414's > SD 702
Extra gear = Apogee MiniMe, Sound Devices MP-2, Tascam HD-P2
Stealth = AT853's > BB > Edirol R-09

Playback = Cambridge DVD> Digital Link III > Trio C-100> VR-1's

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 02:11:43 PM »
Bean why are you going to write a super long rambling ass post asking peoples opinion on CF cards when you've already decided you're a "Ri-Data Man"?

I know you're all super excited and into things but shit if we were buddies standing next to each other and you went on some super ass long talk asking opinions to finally wind up and say "i'm a xxxxx man thanks"  i'd push you out into oncoming traffic or something for just wasting my time.

I learned in Journalism school that statements should be as long as they need to be and not a word longer.   Your post could be summed up like this:

I only dig Ri-Data, anyone have problems with the 32GB card.

thepassionofyonder

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 02:26:13 PM »
it would be hard to put 63 smileys into the above post ;)

Offline hippiemafia

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 07:35:48 PM »
Bean why are you going to write a super long rambling ass post asking peoples opinion on CF cards when you've already decided you're a "Ri-Data Man"?

I know you're all super excited and into things but shit if we were buddies standing next to each other and you went on some super ass long talk asking opinions to finally wind up and say "i'm a xxxxx man thanks"  i'd push you out into oncoming traffic or something for just wasting my time.

I learned in Journalism school that statements should be as long as they need to be and not a word longer.   Your post could be summed up like this:

could you imagine getting stuck next to him in the section :(

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 11:51:24 AM »
i too have used 32gb transcend for the past year or so with no issues at all (30+ shows)

Thanks bro!

And OFOTD, I KNOW that I said "I only dig Ri-Data" but in all reality and honest, that is CERTAINLY not what I meant ;) That DEFINITELY came out TOTALLY WRONG, to say the least, probably because I was typing so darn fast :P ;) 8) I LIKE Ri-Data, but ONLY because I have their 8GB CF Card, and it has worked FLAWLESSLY FOR ME since I bought it. I really didnt mean any disrespect to your opinion, OFOTD :)

See, THATS what I was looking for as to regards to replies in my post. Just because "I'm a Ri-Data Man" doesnt eman Im open to otehr options. If someone had posted that the exact 32GB Ri-Data card that I was looking nto buy, had all sorts of problems with that particular, then I wouldve tried the Transcend card IN A HEARTBEAT. You want to push me into oncoming traffic because I asked your opinion? Geez, you have some pent up aggression, dontcha? You'd think I assaulted your mother or something? Before you think I just started a thread w/ my mind already made up, thats just plain old not true. I didnt mean to disrespect your opinion, if I wasnt SERIOUS about buying BOTH CF CARDS, then I wouldnt have gone through the trouble to POST BOTH LINKS, wouldnt you think ??? Yeah, Im an MBHO and SD guy too, but if someone posted that they had NUMEROUS PROBLEMS w/ their 7xx, and their MBHO's had pops and crackles in their recordinmgs with them, then I would try another route. And you were ONE PERSON posting their opinion. I was looking for MULTIPLE OPINIONS, but since you guys made me look like kind of look a REAL DICKHEAD who really wasnt interested in other peoples opinions, when that really was the farthest thing from the truth! I am QUITE SURE that yinz (and myself) scared them away(other people posting their opinions/experiences).

I was looking for opinions between two 32GB FLASH CARD< plain and simple. Maybe its just that you dont know me personally, I dont know? But I never intend to do the things I get called out on and people just misunderstand me 99% of the time. Like I said, YES< I guess I DID have my mind already made up on teh Ri-Data, but that doesnt mean that my mind couldnt be swayed. I almost bought the Transcend card anyway, because Newegg was OUT OF STOCK of the Ri-Data cards. I just happened to check anotehr site that I knew of, and they JUST HAPPENED to have the Ri-Data 32GB CF Card that I inityially wanted, foer even cheaper than Newegg did. But its not like I had a PROBLEM w/ ordering the Transcend card or anything. IMO BOTH CARDS are equal to me, I just like Ri-Data for the ONLY REASON that I ahev owned an 8GB cf card of theirs for use in my 722, back in September of 2005, and it has worked FLAWLESSLY for me ever since, THATS THE ONLY REASON I LIKE RI-DATA ;)

So I do apologize if I made your opinion seem like it wasnt taken into consideration, because it really was, OFOTD ;)

Too Long Didn't Read

Ahh, gotcha, thanks Lee ;) Geez Gordon, im actually kind of disappointed in you for posting that acronym, Gordon. If it was too long to read, then just simply DO NOT READ IT, plain and simple. You SURELY dont have to post rude acronyms about it. Folks, if you DONT LIKE ME OR MY POSTS AND THREADS, noone is forcing you to do mso. Just dont read them. But like I said, you didnt have to post a silly acronym saying so :P

I learned in Journalism school that statements should be as long as they need to be and not a word longer.   Your post could be summed up like this:

already replied to, read above ^^^ :)

it would be hard to put 63 smileys into the above post ;)

You GOT THAT RIGHT ;)

I learned in Journalism school that statements should be as long as they need to be and not a word longer.   Your post could be summed up like this:

WTF=WHAT THE FUCK does that have to do with me posting asking peoples opinions ??? You must be NEW to the taping scene, ehh? I have recorded amo0nst MANY PEOPLE FROM TS.COM, and on Phish/Moe tour for AMNY, MANY YEARS AND SHOWS, and I havent met one single person that DIDNT like and respect me :P

WOW< I cant believe that youve come to the conclusion that Im a shitty person to tape next to, just because I posted something I ndidnt really mean :P ;D 8) :)

Go burn another one, Einstein :P ;D 8) :smoking: WoW, the wo0rld REALLY IS an ignorant place :P ;D ;D

Hows about this, Mr. Hippie Mafia, why dont you post a thread in the OPEN FORUM, or TAPERCHAT, Really ANYWHERE your little, and I mean LITTLE heart desires. And just name the thread "Folks whom have recorded w/ Bean....Please step inside" and just walk away from it. Just ask in teh thread how I am to record w/, and just leave it at that :P ;) I think your responses would leave your jaw DROPPED OPEN FOR LIFE, BRAH! :) I'm a COMPLETE JOY to record w/ and next to. I look out for one another, and share what party favors I ahve, help w/ gear problems, and just in general, BS with ya the entire setbreak and trhe time before the show just left hangin' :) Go ahead, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU TO MAKE THAT THREAD ;) Do you want ME to start it? You'll NEVER COME BACK TO TS.COM EVER, EVER AGAIN after you make it, and you'll leave w/ your tail between your legs because your ASSUMPTION could NOT be any farther from the truth ;) the ts.com me, with me typing 100 miles an hour, and saying shit I didnt really mean, and the Bean out in the field, are two people. I just type quicker than I can think of shit to type, thats all ;) I am a goodhearted person, whether you think so or not. Really, Im BEGGING you to make that thread!

You know what they say about assuming things........

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 11:54:08 AM »

Oh, and GET TO REALLY KNOW SOMEONE BEFORE YOU SAY STUPID THINGS LIKE THAT, ESPECIALLY WHERE THE WHOLE TAPING WORLD CAN SEE THEM :P ;) ;D 8) I really hope youre going to be at Phish/Hampton, because I would prove your little statement there, TOTALLY WRONG :smoking: After you got through 3 days of taping next to me, youd come back and erase that post you just made about me ;) :) 8) ;D :smoking: :spin:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.104 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com