Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Proprietary Issues  (Read 1798 times)

Offline bagtagsell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
Proprietary Issues
« on: December 09, 2003, 02:40:47 AM »
I have a Sharp laptop and I want to format and dual boot it.  I have a copy of Win XP and 2000 I think Im good to go.  The only thing that concerns me is 1. Does the motherboard have any proprietary settings that would end up screwing me.  2. If worse comes to worse and  I need to recover can I still use the discs that came with my laptop.  Note I want to go to NTFS and my current laptop is in NTFS.  I thought I remembered a thread about such an issues but after a day of looking I gave up finding it.  Any help or the link to the old thread would be appreciated.  Mark
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

jpschust

Re:Proprietary Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 09:39:04 PM »
i think that is going to depend on your motherboard.  i figure why not back up what you need and try it.  see what happens- my suggestion, do it while watching the chargers play, that way you will focus on your laptop cause the game wont be worth watching :-)

Offline mirth

• Needs to get out more...
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
Re:Proprietary Issues
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 11:26:36 PM »
I don't think there are any 'proprietary issues', just be sure to have the appropriate drivers for your hardware on hand before you do the reinstall.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 11:26:54 PM by mirth »
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com