Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Cables for soundboard patches

<< < (3/9) > >>

thierryhenry:
Sorry I am a n00b, what exactly would I need to get a soundboard patch using a Sharp MD that has Line In, Mic In, and headphones out. What type of cables would I need? Thanks.

John Kelly:
When I first started board patching, all I needed was one cable and 2 sets of adapters.  I bought a monster RCA > mini plug cable.  One end has two male RCA jacks, while the other end has an 1/8" stereo connector.  Then I bought two 1/4" male to RCA female (like pictured above) adapters and two XLR female to RCA female adapters.

That would cover you 99.9% of the time.

jasonrockhill:
All of these cables can be bought at Rat Shack?  Think I will take a ride and make a purchase of RCAm>mini and all of the adaptors.  How much will this run?  Thanks!

Rockhill

jeromejello:

--- Quote from: John Kelly on August 03, 2004, 02:25:19 PM ---When I first started board patching, all I needed was one cable and 2 sets of adapters.  I bought a monster RCA > mini plug cable.  One end has two male RCA jacks, while the other end has an 1/8" stereo connector.  Then I bought two 1/4" male to RCA female (like pictured above) adapters and two XLR female to RCA female adapters.

That would cover you 99.9% of the time.

--- End quote ---

this is what i schelp around for analog patching... plus a pair of rca couplings (female at both ends)

Bdifr78:
Thanks for the info guys.  Lets say I would be patching in the RCA inputs on my UA-5.  I think I know what I would need but please let me know if I am right here.

1 pair of stero RCA cables male to male 6'.

2 1/4" female to RCA male mono adapters.  For when I get a pair of mono 1/4" male cables from the board

2 RCA female couplers.  For when I get a male RCA stereo pair from the board

2 1/4" male to female 3 pin xlr cables.  When I get 2 male xlr from the board.  Then I would use the 1/4" female to RCA male adapters.

Obviously if I get a set of female RCAs from the board I would just connect to my RCA cable.

Is this right?  And would it cover me for all analog feeds?

Thanks,
Joe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version