Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Chopped Sony PCM-A10

<< < (2/16) > >>

fireonshakedwnstreet:
Real nice

RyanJ:

--- Quote from: Clem Cheesy on July 07, 2022, 08:09:00 PM ---Certainly we only see day one result
A little sandpaper and Krylon Fusion, or similar automotive plastic paint will finish it beautifully.

--- End quote ---

Correct. I am not done, just filling the internal mic holes at this point and letting them set for a day or two. Just to be sure!

Gaerlind:
Can you made a test-recording with internal mics? Please.
To see the level of hiss made by recorder.

Probably to change the mic capsules to more noiseless is a good solution for some A10 users?

SMsound:
Looks way more  >:D without two microphones on top... now it's just your pocket MP3 player.

Ozpeter:

--- Quote from: SMsound on July 08, 2022, 01:38:07 AM ---Looks way more  >:D without two microphones on top... now it's just your pocket MP3 player.

--- End quote ---
I am sure there must be some samples from the internal mics in the main A10 thread.  They are not any kind of disaster in my opinion, especially if set to the wide position which gives a significantly better stereo image than you could get from the M10 internals.  I would only remove them if minimising size was really important.  Backup systems are always reassuring to have when recording on location.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version