Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Chopped Sony PCM-A10

<< < (16/16)

gormenghast:
Ah, the tricks of the trade revealed  >:D

robgronotte:
This thread is a bit old, but I just found it and honestly am a bit confused. Why do so many people think this tiny device would need to be even smaller?
Removing the mics only makes it such a tiny bit smaller that I really can't see the point.
Has anyone really had trouble getting one of these info a venue? I guess after previously having got much larger recorders in with no problem, this one seems crazy small to me already.

ol' dirty taper:

--- Quote from: robgronotte on January 09, 2024, 08:36:23 AM ---This thread is a bit old, but I just found it and honestly am a bit confused. Why do so many people think this tiny device would need to be even smaller?
Removing the mics only makes it such a tiny bit smaller that I really can't see the point.
Has anyone really had trouble getting one of these info a venue? I guess after previously having got much larger recorders in with no problem, this one seems crazy small to me already.

--- End quote ---

The old mics are an eyesore and easily detectable by their bright copper heads, some of us want more  >:D options for certain venues. Before chopping mine, I would gaff the mics to reduce the visibility.

I made mine with the mindset that it would be a clamp rig or backup for board feeds, so the mics are useless in either case. Would make for a pretty great drop rig for field recording where size and not standing out from nature is also a concern.

That all said, my Zoom F3 took it's place this pretty soon after. It was a fun afternoon project to tinker with and could be done with minimal skills.

RyanJ:

--- Quote from: robgronotte on January 09, 2024, 08:36:23 AM ---This thread is a bit old, but I just found it and honestly am a bit confused. Why do so many people think this tiny device would need to be even smaller?

--- End quote ---

Because when I'm >:D I'm bringing in multiple packs and recorders. Plus I never use internal mics and find them to be a waste. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version