Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Zoom & Tascam Live Mixer/Recorder Units (any experience out there?)

<< < (3/5) > >>

GLouie:
On a MixPre10ii, individual inputs have up to 30mS delay available, but the L/R outputs have up to 400mS delay.

billydee:

--- Quote from: GLouie on December 17, 2022, 01:05:13 PM ---On a MixPre10ii, individual inputs have up to 30mS delay available, but the L/R outputs have up to 400mS delay.

--- End quote ---
I would need at least 50 if not 60 mS delay on my inputs to do what I'd like. Thanks for that info.

billydee:
Doesn't seem to be much positive feedback or any experience at all with these Tascam/Zoom combo mixer/recorders, so I think I'm gonna move on and settle for a Zoom F8n Pro, which appears to meet most of my criteria at a bit more cost.

Thanks to those who have chimed in here.

mepaca:
I have the Livetrak L-12 and also the F8 with optional mixing board. I usually use the L-12 unless I need battery power. I have done live sound and recorded at the same time with it. It has worked flawlessly and sounds great. I have used all 12 channels with 2 SD mixpre preamps and also used the built in DIs Fire away with any questions.

billydee:

--- Quote from: mepaca on December 28, 2022, 12:27:30 PM ---I have the Livetrak L-12 and also the F8 with optional mixing board. I usually use the L-12 unless I need battery power. I have done live sound and recorded at the same time with it. It has worked flawlessly and sounds great. I have used all 12 channels with 2 SD mixpre preamps and also used the built in DIs Fire away with any questions.

--- End quote ---

First set of questions.
Question 1 for the L12- Can 50-60 milliseconds of delay be added to two inputs (a stereo soundboard feed), and that slightly delayed signal mixed (or is linked the correct terminology?) with a pair of mic inputs, and those four channels (now more or less in sync) sent to the XLR outputs for a live stream feed?

Question 2 for the F8- Same exact question, except the outputs would be the F8 TA3 outputs adapted to XLRs. (I should state that I'd be buying the F8n Pro at this point)

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version