Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Zoom & Tascam Live Mixer/Recorder Units (any experience out there?)

<< < (4/5) > >>

Gutbucket:
Legacy F8 has a maximum per/channel input delay of 30ms. Not sure if the current F8Npro is the same.

A less than ideal solution, but possible to loop aux out into another pair of inputs to add an additional 30ms, at the cost of the additional A/D/A conversion, patch cable, and the loss of two of the eight inputs.

billydee:

--- Quote from: Gutbucket on January 10, 2023, 09:32:54 AM ---Legacy F8 has a maximum per/channel input delay of 30ms. Not sure if the current F8Npro is the same.

A less than ideal solution, but possible to loop aux out into another pair of inputs to add an additional 30ms, at the cost of the additional A/D/A conversion, patch cable, and the loss of two of the eight inputs.

--- End quote ---
Apparently the F8Npro has the same input delay spec per the Factory Sound website that came up in my online search.

I appreciate your thoughts on a potential workaround, but I'm really trying to keep all of this as simple as possible, and that solution feels like a bit too much. I find it both frustrating and interesting that both the Zoom F8 series, the F6 and at least some of SD MixPre recorders have a maximum 30ms delay.

Now if I could only find a way to get my FOH mics positioned 50% closer to the PA, I'd be golden. But that's not super likely in 2 of the 4 situations I encounter.

capnhook:

--- Quote from: billydee on January 10, 2023, 10:43:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: Gutbucket on January 10, 2023, 09:32:54 AM ---Legacy F8 has a maximum per/channel input delay of 30ms. Not sure if the current F8Npro is the same.

--- End quote ---
Apparently the F8Npro has the same input delay spec per the Factory Sound website that came up in my online search.

I appreciate your thoughts on a potential workaround, but I'm really trying to keep all of this as simple as possible, and that solution feels like a bit too much. I find it both frustrating and interesting that both the Zoom F8 series, the F6 and at least some of SD MixPre recorders have a maximum 30ms delay.

Now if I could only find a way to get my FOH mics positioned 50% closer to the PA, I'd be golden. But that's not super likely in 2 of the 4 situations I encounter.

--- End quote ---

Always been pining for a 6-channel machine, with at least 100mS delay.  Manufacturers are missing the boat.

voltronic:
You can always add as much delay as you want in post.

capnhook:

--- Quote from: voltronic on January 10, 2023, 09:06:43 PM ---You can always add as much delay as you want in post.

--- End quote ---

I was referring to having enough delay for a live matrix, like what billydee is asking for.  30 mS isn't enough for our use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version