Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CD Wave Editor Question  (Read 12016 times)

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: CD Wave Editor Question
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 03:55:23 PM »
CDWave may very well be the easiest to use piece of software on my machine.  Well maybe Solitare and Notepad are the easiest but CD Wave is so easy I really am shocked that  Sony and Steinberg and the others have not adapted their software to behave like CD Wave.  Truly one of the best.   Saving in FLAC rocks as well.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 01:14:36 AM »
i wish you could edit tags or set tags in cd wav. :(

oh well, thats what tag&rename is for.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 02:14:38 AM »
The newest version will allow you to cut a tiny chuck off the front of the wav so that you loose that anoying pop.  You just track a 1/2 second or so as the first track, and then uncheck the track and the software renumbers for you.  The newest version finally works well with 24 bit too.  THAT is a godsend.  I really like tracking with it too (manually).

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 02:41:15 AM »
I always cut off the chunk at the beginning and the end, the new version that lets you uncheck and does all the naming for you is so nice.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline Sterling

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 09:15:10 AM »
Would any of you guys mind giving me some detailed instuctions (I need as much direction as I can get), as to how you.

1. Track the show.
2. Save the files/name them
3. Set up bittorent file
4. Archive (I know this can be extensive. Basically, I keep the original wave, the tracked show ~ all FLAC)

Any help would be great.

Basically, when tracking in wavelab I can't save the tracks individually. BUt in CD WAVE I can't edit in the same way I can. Perhaps it would be best to track with cdwave, save & name the files individually in a folder, then do any post work I need to.

Thanks!

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2006, 09:28:40 AM »
actually, you've got your workflow a little backwards.  you should edit before tracking to avoid sector boundary errors and ensure that the tracks line up properly.

Steps:
-Get raw wav onto your pc from DAT/JB3/other recording device
-open in wavelab, do whatever editing is necessary (trimming excess at beginning/end of set, resampling if necessary, adding fades).  save edited wav using the etree naming format eg. wsp2005-12-31d1t.wav ... naming in this fashion allows cdwav to simply add 01, 02, 03, etc for the split tracks).
-open edited wav in cdwav. insert first track break at 0:00.02.  continue adding track breaks wherever you want.  after all splits are added, add a final track break a couple of milliseconds before the end of the set.
-in bottom window of cdwav, uncheck the first and last tracks (each should be the 1 millisecond track).  deleting these tracks eliminates the annoying pop and sbe's at the beginning and end of set.
-click "Save As"...in the dialog, choose to export directly to flac.  choose a directory and save.  It will then save the individual tracks as flac files.
-as far as creating torrents, it's been covered in excrutiating detail (as has the above process)...scroll back through the pages of the comp forum or use the search.

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2006, 09:30:09 AM »
additionally, the ckrename utility is extremely helpful for batch renaming of files.

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2006, 09:31:51 AM »
do post work before you split, or else you're going to have to do the work on each track exactly the same, which might be hard to remember.  plus, i've heard doing post work after you split could introduce sbe's.

as for tracking the show.  i get rid of the dead space at the beginning and cut so the last number is on 01, so like 02.01 (where 02 is the second, and 01 is the sector) from then on, always cut on the 01 sector, and all of your songs will be perfect and should look like 04:54.00 (where 04 is the minute, 54 the second, and 00 the sectors)

before i put the master wav file in cd wav i name it "bandname2006-01-26d1t" that way when i make the splits in cd wav, it'll automatically name the file properly by adding the number at the end. (does that make sense)

then i save as a flac and rename the files in tag&rename, but you could save as a wav file, and then write the tags in flac frontend when you convert the wav to flac.

as for archiving, i leave the master wav file, also make a .cue sheet for it in cd wav, so if i need to cut it again in the future, its already done.  then i'll save a copy of the 24bit flacs, the 16bit flacs, and usually vbr mp3s if i want the recording on my mp3 player.

I'll do that for all the bands that played that night, and put the whole night on its own dvd-r and make an info sheet telling what i ran for the night, the bands i taped, and what settings i used, where the show was at, etc and put that in the cd case.

Offline Sterling

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2006, 10:21:02 AM »
Great help guys! Excruciating detail yes, completly spread out over various threads = pain in my ass.

Thanks again for the help!

-as far as creating torrents, it's been covered in excrutiating detail (as has the above process)...scroll back through the pages of the comp forum or use the search.

Offline nak700s

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2023, 05:33:51 PM »
What is the difference between Direct WAV and WAV in the choices to set for CDWave?  All of a sudden, I am getting a quick gap between tracks when I cut up a WAV file.
Normal: Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD 744T (or) Sony PCM-M10
Normal: Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD 744T
Fun times: 3 Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD744T + 2 Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD744T
Stealth: CA-14c >> CA 9200 >> Edirol R-09HR
Ultra stealth: AudioReality >> AudioReality battery box >> Edirol R-09HR
Simple & Sweet!

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2023, 06:39:46 PM »
I see direct WAV as option 1, then dropdown to WAV when saving the files. Someone told me years ago, don;t use Direct WAV, but can;t vouch for why.  >:D
Good question though, what does Direct WAV do vs WAV? anyone know?
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2023, 07:26:36 PM »
I never save to WAV anymore. I go straight to FLAC.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2023, 03:08:02 PM »
using CDWav editor? I was taught that the algorithm in CDWav editor was not as "clean" for converting from wav to flac. I have always used TLH for the conversions. Was I taught wrongly? OR is it personal preference?
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2023, 04:19:08 PM »
using CDWav editor? I was taught that the algorithm in CDWav editor was not as "clean" for converting from wav to flac. I have always used TLH for the conversions. Was I taught wrongly? OR is it personal preference?

I've never heard or seen an issue since I started doing it.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline firemt66

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2023, 06:31:37 PM »

Neither have I noticed any Issues in between tracks doing this...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com