Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MiniMe questions  (Read 4905 times)

Offline tonyvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Bocephus
Re: MiniMe questions
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 04:11:13 PM »
I have owned two MiniMe's. The first one arrived with the very first US shipment that came in to the states which just happened to be 6 months late. That unit was junk and caused me nothing but problems. Finally after 6 months Apogee agreed to replace it. They sent me what I believe was then referred to as a Rev C and had the selectable gain switches inside. This one sounded fine when run with my CCM41's. I did have problems with the gain on the line in. Having to adjust levels with a mini screw driver in the dark is challenging at best and a complete shortcoming on the part of Apogee. The other issue I found was that the microphone gain was noisy past about 1 o'clock.

I ended up selling the Apogee and replaced it with a Edirol UA-5 about a 1/1/2 years ago and couldn't be happier. Not sure if I could honestly hear the difference between the UA-5 and MiniMe. The UA-5 has more features which I find handy such as a digital input as well as analog output which is missing from the MiniMe and handy patchers with mini discs. Not only that but the UA-5 is whole lot cheaper. With the MiniMe you do gain the status of running an Apogee and for a lot of folks thats what really counts, personally I don't care.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 04:16:51 PM by tonyvt »
I'm a Bluegrasshole.

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: MiniMe questions
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 08:33:23 PM »
The MBHO's sound great with it, minime gives them some bottom end while the killer MBHO's highs continue to shine. I ran it with the schoeps for a period, was pretty good, but not totally to my liking, a bit too bloated in the bottom end. I would be curious on how the TL's would sound with the minime

actually, I'll second that. A buddy ran that for awhile, and I think the real nice highs and restrained lows of the mbhos were a nice match for the mme. I think probably earthworks would match up well too.

I will third that...I run MBHO 648/KA200>minime>M1.  The Minime warms up th ho's just right.....There is bottom end but not to much and the mids and highs are perfect IMO.............I can't wait to add a micro tracker for 24/96 recording!!!!!!
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com