Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iRiver repair? (cracked screen)  (Read 3637 times)

Offline Hahninator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rockin' the ATL
    • Linkin Park Live
iRiver repair? (cracked screen)
« on: October 30, 2008, 04:39:05 PM »
The screen cracked on my iRiver somehow today. Not exactly sure how it happened either. I've got Nine Inch Nails Saturday so I'll try to tape it with much luck, but I'll need it fixed after that.....

Are there any people I can send this to to be fixed or something without having to buy a new one...?

Offline heyitsmejess

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: iRiver repair? (cracked screen)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 06:42:17 PM »
if you are interested in a second one, PM me!
cause we zig and zag between good and bad
stumble and fall on right and wrong

http://www.rumpkemountainboys.org/

Offline Hahninator

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Rockin' the ATL
    • Linkin Park Live
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 07:28:43 PM »
I'm not interested in a second one at all. If this one can't be fixed then I will just live with it. It starts up on the recording screen so all I have to do is hit record. I can still turn it on, transfer, etc. No problem, I'd just like to be able to see the screen. If not, then that's not really that big of a problem honestly.

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Still loves his mic pre's
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 07:54:10 PM »
I would imagine that your best bet would be to find a non-functional one and replace the screen. I have seen them go pretty cheap on ebay. There are probably a few people around who need parts - might be able to find someone to go in on one to keep the costs down.
Schoeps CMC6/MK4  //  Nakamichi CM-300/CP-1/CP-2
E.A.A. PSP-2   // Grace Design Lunatec V2
Sonic AD2K+ 
Tascam HD-P2 (Oade BCM)  //  Sony TC-D5 PROII

Duncan - 12/84 > 8/8/05 - Miss you everyday

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 08:18:48 PM »
I had an iHP-120 with something wrong with the screen.  From what I can see the screen is attached to the motherboard in a way which you aren't going to separate and replace... not a simple plug and play anyway.

If you can find one with dead hard drive or battery, but the motherboard is good you can swap it.  Here is one which claims to work with AC power, but not the battery.  If that's true, it's perfect for you.  Use your battery, and keep the hard drive for a spare, or resell it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/iRiver-iHP-120-20-GB-MP3-Player-As-IS_W0QQitemZ260307684157QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260307684157&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

It's fairly common to see ones on ebay which don't power on at all.  Typically they were plugged into a Nokia phone charger which fries them good.  You don't want one of those.

To take an iriver apart you need a #5 Torx driver... very small... available a Sears for about $3.

Good luck.
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 04:55:49 AM »
another option is to find an LCD remote and use that to control it.

since some people reported some interference from the remote, it might be best to remove the remote once recording started...

Offline run_run_run

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 12:13:33 PM »
I got a remote I would unload if you want it, PM me

Offline bugg100

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 03:51:11 PM »
The screen cracked on my iRiver somehow today. Not exactly sure how it happened either. I've got Nine Inch Nails Saturday so I'll try to tape it with much luck, but I'll need it fixed after that.....

Are you saying the LCD on the mother board cracked making it nonfunctional,  OR are you saying the clear window of the case sheilding the LCD cracked?  Or both?

Offline Hahninator

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Rockin' the ATL
    • Linkin Park Live
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 10:52:41 AM »

Are you saying the LCD on the mother board cracked making it nonfunctional,  OR are you saying the clear window of the case sheilding the LCD cracked?  Or both?

The clear window of the case shielding the LCD cracked. That's all. It's still functional.

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 02:02:52 PM »

The clear window of the case shielding the LCD cracked. That's all. It's still functional.

old thread sorry

I have an H320 that is busted with a fried motherboard. If you are interested in the external case, pm me.

Granted you would have to take your iRiver (H1xx or H3xx?) completely apart to remove it from the case itself, but if you've ever replaced the battery before in one of these, it's not too different

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com