Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What's the best program to create a torrent file?  (Read 5806 times)

adrianf74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What's the best program to create a torrent file?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 11:10:48 PM »
perhaps the laptop goes to work and work has a much faster connection than home; most likely reason I can think of though I'm sure there are other good reasons

Another good reason is exactly in my setup.  I have a laptop which I do most of my work on but then push the content to a server (when done) and upload from there.  Not everybody does everything from one box. :)

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 11:34:59 PM »
You can upload from one machine and seed from another. There is no requirement that you seed from the same machine from which you upload the .torrent file. Whatever. I answered the question.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 02:00:33 PM »
does the torrent file have to be uploaded from the Machine it was created on or can I build it on my PC and then upload from my laptop

As others have already stated, yes, you can seed from a different machine once the torrent is created. I like to prepare everything on my windows computer and then seed from my LINUX machine.

One mistake I made when I first started doing this though was making a minor change in the created torrent package/folder after I moved it to the second computer. For example, making a change to the info file or something like that. Just make sure to copy the entire torrent package over to the other computer as it was created.

Offline waltmon

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 02:03:55 PM »
You mean the torrent file only...correct?
KM140's, KM150's, U89's, Mixpre-10T II, 788T, F3

CA-14 > UBB > Tascam DR-2D

1 pound non-sequential $50.00 bills

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 12:58:55 PM »
You mean the torrent file only...correct?
Not sure to whom this question is directed. But if it's directed to my previous post, I move all of the files related to the current torrent to the second computer.

That means moving the torrent file as well as the folder that contains the music tracks, info file and ffp file. I upload via torrent sites like btree, DIME, etc. When I first started doing this, I made the mistake of (for example) noticing a change I wanted to make in the info file once all the files were moved over. After making that small change (and not redoing the torrent file itself), the torrent "broke".

Now, if you are asking if you can seed while having the torrent file on one computer and the folder with the music, info and ffp file on another, I'm guessing that would work because once you upload your torrent file to the site, your next step is to point the torrent to the directory where the music, info and ffp files reside. However, I don't know why you'd want to do that.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com