Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Post-Processing Software - Recommendations  (Read 5419 times)

Offline hoserama

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Post-Processing Software - Recommendations
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 07:52:45 PM »
Nope, it was for regular post-production mixing. Never had any luck with fixing the latency on VST connections. Wasn't really a huge deal for me because I use Nuendo for that anyways. You're the first person I've talked to that had VST plug-ins work without latency (or at least the Izotope stuff).
Audio: Countryman B3 + AT853(hypers/cards/subcards) + SBD feeds
Wireless Receivers: Lots of those
Antennas: Lots of those
Cables: Lots of those
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 10:09:30 AM »
Nope, it was for regular post-production mixing. Never had any luck with fixing the latency on VST connections. Wasn't really a huge deal for me because I use Nuendo for that anyways. You're the first person I've talked to that had VST plug-ins work without latency (or at least the Izotope stuff).

running it on win-7 with 8GB of ram.   I will sometimes have a lag before the transport functions engage, but I have never had any sync issues at all.  Sometimes I am even running multiple busses.  Is there a possibility of the software being less than official?  I also have loaded the VST's into Adobe's folders not just linking to them in different folders.  Maybe that could help you out?

Offline hoserama

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 02:30:30 PM »
That could be it--I'm using the VST plugins in another folder. Don't see why that would effect things, as it just wouldn't load it? Also on Win-7 64bit with 8 gigs memory. Could be it on the official software thing  ^-^

Not a big deal regardless but maybe something to consider if somebody is looking for a singular mixing software. I also notice AA is more of a memory hog as opposed to other programs.
Audio: Countryman B3 + AT853(hypers/cards/subcards) + SBD feeds
Wireless Receivers: Lots of those
Antennas: Lots of those
Cables: Lots of those
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 02:30:09 AM »
That could be it--I'm using the VST plugins in another folder. Don't see why that would effect things, as it just wouldn't load it? Also on Win-7 64bit with 8 gigs memory. Could be it on the official software thing  ^-^

Not a big deal regardless but maybe something to consider if somebody is looking for a singular mixing software. I also notice AA is more of a memory hog as opposed to other programs.
try moving them into the cs5.5 VST folder, you never know.  as for the other "condition" that solution is not cheap 8)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com