Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Complete laptop newbie....  (Read 4464 times)

silverbullet

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Complete laptop newbie....
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2004, 08:49:48 AM »
Control Panel > Power. There will be a setting for what happens when you close the lid.

+T and kiss your feet. pah-tu-eee

thanks, I actually did search for this under the help index on the lappie and I feel a bit of an idiot that it's that easy.

Offline mirth

• Needs to get out more...
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2004, 11:21:13 AM »
:) Its all good, glad you got it goin.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

silverbullet

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2004, 05:14:48 PM »
http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=14678.0

Got mine at G. Center and the matched the price. Was able to take it home faster that way.

Hey, I love my new lappie and recording 24/96 with Wave Lab but I want to also record 16/44.1 with my lappie also. I can get a line out also from the V3 using the mic out but my lappie doesn't have a line in. It only has a mic in and the signal is way too hot. Besides I get sort of a soft high pitch sound when recording line-in. Is there a good small USB sound card or PCI card with a line in jack. No point in getting fancy with dig inputs because the V3 can't output 24/96 and 16/44.1 at the same time. I've done dual recording 24/96 and 16/44.1 mic in on my lappie and my CPU doesn't even approach 50%. More like 28% on average so I think this is doable.

Reason being, I'd like to give some of the local bands a cd on the spot when the night is over. I was thinking just to record line-in on a JB3 and then do a quick firewire transfer to the lappie. That's what I plan on doing tonight.

Can I get a analog out signal from the FW 410 with only  S/PDIF signal input from the V3? Haven't been able to figure if that's possible.

edti:> oh yeah, almost forgot. I tried converting the analog mic out signal from the V3 to digital 16bit with a AD-20 and the signal output is way too hot for the JB3 even with the gains set at the lowest setting on the AD-20. Come to think of it, I didn't try some Attenuators, AT8202. I'll give that a try tonight.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 05:59:13 PM by silverbullet »

Offline Tyler McGhee

• has developed quite a tolerance...
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • head on down to south park and meet some friends..
    • Piqtu Multimedia
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2004, 06:35:21 PM »
That is why I use Wavelab...auto-split.  Well, that an the possibility of multi-tracking. 

you can multi-track with wavelab?

i just got a vxpocket 440 and was wondering what program would be best to do a 4 channel sbd/mic matrix....
ADK A-51 TL's /DPA 4061 / AKG e451b > Lunatec V3 optical/spdif out > JB3 (16/48) / VxPocket 440 > Dell Inspiron 8500 (24/48)> WaveLab 5.0

http://www.piqtu.com

Offline mirth

• Needs to get out more...
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2004, 07:08:11 PM »
ntrack
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com