Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

DAT Long Play 12 bit/32 kHz transfers

(1/7) > >>

TheMetalist:
I have never been a DAT guy myself so I have zero experience using these machines. I've decided to get one in my arsenal strictly for transfers. What are the most versitile machines out there? I need one that sounds nice and can play any tape I put in it. Long play recordings included. As I won't use it regurarely I would prefer the range $200-600. If you can recommend any EU sellers that would be nice too.

It's really difficult to find DAT recorders in Sweden. There is a Sony DTC-57ES for sale now but to my knowledge it's a consumer level DAT recorder and it can't play 44,1 kHz? Would it be good enough for me or should I look elsewhere?

Len Moskowitz (Core Sound):
Panasonic/Technics SV-3700 or SV-3900.

TheMetalist:

--- Quote from: Len Moskowitz (Core Sound) on September 27, 2020, 03:37:14 PM ---Panasonic/Technics SV-3700 or SV-3900.

--- End quote ---

Can they play LP recorded tapes?

Edit: The reason for this is that I will likely help a guy transfer some shows unfortunately recorded in Long Play.

jerryfreak:
Easier to find 32K long play support on the DAT side than on the recorder side, depending on what you’re transferring it to. I have one to transfer and i have to bust out an old sound card setup because none of my standalone devices record 32K.

TheMetalist:

--- Quote from: jerryfreak on September 27, 2020, 05:11:41 PM ---Easier to find 32K long play support on the DAT side than on the recorder side, depending on what you’re transferring it to. I have one to transfer and i have to bust out an old sound card setup because none of my standalone devices record 32K.

--- End quote ---

I noob question perhaps but is it impossible to convert it in post?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version