Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Very low-profile (3.4 mm) stereo snake

<< < (2/6) > >>

Gutbucket:
Nice work!

voltronic:

--- Quote from: Gutbucket on September 19, 2022, 11:36:52 AM ---Nice work!

--- End quote ---

Thanks. What finally made this go much quicker was buying a nice new Klein wire stripper that could do the 26 awg conductors in this cable. I didn't have a wire stripper that could handle that small I size when I started, so I was trying to carefully use my flush cutters as a stripping tool (and often failing). Lesson learned: get the right tools for the job first.

H₂O:

--- Quote from: jbell on September 18, 2022, 05:29:59 PM ---The Schoeps KS 5L is a 711 binder cable and cheaper, but they are still expensive and I believe discontinued!  For sure, you save building your own cables.

--- End quote ---

To be clear that is a Schoeps KS 5 i not L

i = binder
L = Lemo

Don't know if they made a 5 pin Lemo cable but I guess it's possible as Lemo makes miniture 5 pin (used frequently with Timecode I/O)

pohaku:
Nice!  My next cable project as well.  Picked up a pair of the teeny Audix M1290 mics in the Yard Sale and want to make appropriately sized cables for them.  Using your approach, but with the Canare L4E5C cable.  Now I need a rainy day as an excuse to stay inside and build them.

voltronic:

--- Quote from: pohaku on September 20, 2022, 12:07:42 AM ---Nice!  My next cable project as well.  Picked up a pair of the teeny Audix M1290 mics in the Yard Sale and want to make appropriately sized cables for them.  Using your approach, but with the Canare L4E5C cable.  Now I need a rainy day as an excuse to stay inside and build them.

--- End quote ---

Good luck! A few people here and on GS have recommended that cable for this purpose. You'll just need a multimeter on hand because that cable has two pairs of the same color.

M50k on GS also recommended the cable Audio-Technica uses in the popular 853 mics as being a good choice. You can find used / non-working 853s for cheap on eBay if all you want is the cable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version