Gear / Technical Help > Cables

adjustable right angle xlr adaptors

<< < (3/4) > >>

checht:
Very cool! Did you get the large or small caps for the cable matters connectors?

Pictures? Would love to see the zip tie strain relief...

goodcooker:

I ordered a bunch of the Cable Techniques end caps in red and black (I got the 6mm to use with Mogami cable). I couldn't justify the $10 each per connector so I just ordered the caps at $1 each then ordered male Neutrik XLR connectors without the strain relief boot from Markertek at ~2 each and made my own connectors using hot glue and gorilla glue to seal them up.

They aren't adjustable - once you glue them in place they are obviously set that way - but in all the years I've been using cables I have never once adjusted the angle of an output connector.

Was thinking about making up some pairs and putting them in the YS. I'll probably have some cable left over from the spool I bought a while back to make up a bunch of cables for the home studio.

Justy Gyee:

--- Quote from: Gutbucket on January 12, 2023, 09:32:33 PM ---
Likely to have better luck using a short interconnect with a male right angle XLR on one end and a straight female XLR on the other. Cable will bend in any direction, reduce stress on the chassis input jack, and the assembled chain can be much more compact.

--- End quote ---

i can help with this route if you're interested Chris

seethreepo:

--- Quote from: Justy Gyee on February 08, 2024, 10:41:01 AM ---
--- Quote from: Gutbucket on January 12, 2023, 09:32:33 PM ---
Likely to have better luck using a short interconnect with a male right angle XLR on one end and a straight female XLR on the other. Cable will bend in any direction, reduce stress on the chassis input jack, and the assembled chain can be much more compact.

--- End quote ---

i can help with this route if you're interested Chris

--- End quote ---
I ended up with a pair of adjustable connections and also have some short interconnects so I'm all set but thanks.  I was hoping it was a matter of simply turning the xlr  but involves a small set screw  to adjust.  not a big deal.  Thanks Justin  & all who replied. 

unclehoolio:

--- Quote from: checht on February 07, 2024, 12:00:16 PM ---Very cool! Did you get the large or small caps for the cable matters connectors?

Pictures? Would love to see the zip tie strain relief...

--- End quote ---

I got the large caps.  Strain relief is quite well illustrated in the installation instructions here:  https://www.cabletechniques.com/loprodiy

--- Quote from: goodcooker on February 07, 2024, 04:35:36 PM ---
I ordered a bunch of the Cable Techniques end caps in red and black (I got the 6mm to use with Mogami cable). I couldn't justify the $10 each per connector so I just ordered the caps at $1 each then ordered male Neutrik XLR connectors without the strain relief boot from Markertek at ~2 each and made my own connectors using hot glue and gorilla glue to seal them up.

They aren't adjustable - once you glue them in place they are obviously set that way - but in all the years I've been using cables I have never once adjusted the angle of an output connector.
--- End quote ---

Nice.  As for adjusting in the future:  duly noted.  It it is possible that I never adjust the exit angles on these, but at least i have the option if/when that need arises.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version