Gear / Technical Help > Cables

adjustable right angle xlr adaptors

<< < (2/4) > >>

mrfender:

--- Quote from: voltronic on January 13, 2023, 05:54:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: mrfender on January 12, 2023, 09:55:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: voltronic on January 12, 2023, 07:01:18 PM ---
I would avoid the Cable Techniques right-angle connectors. There have been reports of long-term reliability issues.

--- End quote ---

Mine have been working just fine, where are you reading about reliability issues?

--- End quote ---

Someone posted about it either here or on GS Remote. But since I can't find the post to back up my comment, I'll delete. Glad they are working well for you.

--- End quote ---

I am too considering my soldering ability is pretty much garbage.  :yack:

unclehoolio:

--- Quote from: voltronic on January 13, 2023, 05:54:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: mrfender on January 12, 2023, 09:55:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: voltronic on January 12, 2023, 07:01:18 PM ---
I would avoid the Cable Techniques right-angle connectors. There have been reports of long-term reliability issues.

--- End quote ---

Mine have been working just fine, where are you reading about reliability issues?

--- End quote ---

Someone posted about it either here or on GS Remote. But since I can't find the post to back up my comment, I'll delete. Glad they are working well for you.

--- End quote ---

I too am considering buying some Cable Techniques short right angle XLR connectors (A-shell, large cap) and having them installed on my cables, to replace the straight neutrik's.  Voltronic, your suggestion that these (and the Switchcraft short right angle xlr's) had a history of failure was maybe from this TS thread?:
https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=200731.msg2387262#msg2387262

Anyway, I did some searching for actual reviews on this product on B&H, Sweetwater and Adorama websites, but found a dearth of reviews, and none reporting failure.

checht:
A similar item to Cable Matters 500112 is available as a 2 pack on Amazon. They look fine, have great ratings, and are adjustable and light.

Why not order a pair and torture test them at home before using in the field? Returnable for a month...

https://www.amazon.sg/Adapter-Connector-Adjustable-Positions-Connection/dp/B082VM6V3D/ref=dp_prsubs_sccl_1/358-1205122-0076356?pd_rd_w=6MBd3&content-id=amzn1.sym.acd1e769-8ada-4db8-8968-20a1ffb0bca5&pf_rd_p=acd1e769-8ada-4db8-8968-20a1ffb0bca5&pf_rd_r=RH2048D4810GBRBPQ5QW&pd_rd_wg=rb9qe&pd_rd_r=4838fada-08f7-4247-a69a-f250711845f3&pd_rd_i=B082VM6V3D&th=1

HealthCov Chris:
I have one I use in the back of my audio-interface.  It's wonky and feels like it could fail.  That is why I use on my very stationary audio-interface.  I would never trust it in the field.  Just get Ted to make you custom interconnects, way higher quality.

unclehoolio:
I did have Ted make me custom interconnects, and they were perfect which is to say that he confirmed the reputation that he's rightly cultivated here.

I had to find another solution for customizing my existing mic cables, though.  (I couldn't justify the expense of having Ted make me 2 new pairs of 15' cables.)  I wound up ordering these Cable Techniques connectors:
https://www.cabletechniques.com/product-page/low-profile-right-angle-xlr-3-pin-male-a-shell

and sending them, along with my mic cables, to Pro Audio L.A. (https://www.proaudiola.com/)

My existing cables were a tad too thick for the cap to properly fit, the work-around was to strip off a bit of jacket and replace it with heat-shrink as necessary.  Turned out perfect, based on how they look (I took the cap off of one just to peek under the hood, and they got the critical zip-tie strain relief piece done just right) and my first use of them since getting them back.  I'd be remiss in not shouting them out here, as their customer service was as exemplary as their work.  Aja was the tech that did my work, and she took the time to call and text/send pics as necessary to discuss the job and make sure that they got it just exactly right.  Highly recommend them for any work that Ted doesn't do--especially considering that they charged me just $60 for labor and return shipping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version