Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Core Sound 7 pins?

(1/7) > >>

geoff piper:
Just making sure here, but arent Core sound 7 pin cables bad or are they ok?

danmorgan:
I'd suggest staying away from the CS 7-pin.  Not a true Sony 7-pin like most others out there.  Pins are way too long and fat, and easily bent(no protection).  

Get one from the Oade's or from pro-digital.

geoff piper:

--- Quote from: danmorgan on June 25, 2003, 12:41:58 PM ---I'd suggest staying away from the CS 7-pin.  Not a true Sony 7-pin like most others out there.  Pins are way too long and fat, and easily bent(no protection).  

Get one from the Oade's or from pro-digital.

--- End quote ---
That was my idea but there is a guy selling a d8 with a sony 7 pin and core sound 7 pin for 380... So i was wondering if they were ok to go for

twoodruff:
that deck is sold  ;). I figure CS 7 pins are ok to use at home, but NEVER in the field

wboswell:
I'll second that.  A friend was in a pinch so we ordered a second hand Core Sound 7 pin.  He got the cable yesterday and called me to describe what a piece of crap it is.  He said that pretty much any movement of the cable made the rec. unit loose its signal.  I guess, for home transfers, the cable would be ok, but for field use---avoid!

For what its worth, it was a back up cable and he only paid $23 for it.  Not a waste of money, but definately not reliable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version