Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Studio Projects LSD2, version 3

<< < (2/6) > >>

Teen Wolf Blitzer:
Great pics Nick.  So the mic screws in or do you tighten the mic in to the shock ala the 414's with their shock or does the mic actually have threads?  I'm still not sure if it would be a waste to get one of these when I have LD's already.  Hmmm.  So nice looking though.  What are your opinions of the Peluso's?  I've read mixed reviews.  Hyper more prefered over card? Sorry for the hijack.

Nick's Picks:
re the pelusos, last year I was running those and this.  kept the mic (sort of), and sold the pelusos because I like the performance and sound of the SP bigboy better.  Its just more fun to work with!

the new mount actually does screw right on to the end of the mic.  I'll post some pics, but you can see the threads in the pics on their www site.

Will_S:
Shock mount is definitely a bummer.  I was hoping to be able to angle the mic upward when running onstage.  Even running vertical, unless you run upside down I find the mic has a tendency to list a bit to the left or right in mine.   ???  Hopefully the sonics will make up for it.

Nick's Picks:
ok...
first try.  Screwing the shock-mount on to my bogan super-clamp*.  Just tightening it up...and trying to be gentle on that knuckle yet get a firm purchase on the bolt....and it breaks.  The metal broke, screw bent ...totally shot.
It now requires direct attachment to the aluminum pole, which is fine w/me.  However, the lean sucks.  Not that I think you could hear it in a rock-n-roll environment...but it wont be an effective isolator, imo.
I'm going to buy something else for that duty.  Too bad.  it is rather cool, and I love the screw in bottom.  I'll still futz w/this and see what I can come up with.

* LSD2 strength

Nick's Picks:
and the lean!  ouch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version