Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Windows XP Network File Sharing  (Read 4989 times)

Offline mattmiller

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Windows XP Network File Sharing
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 02:00:03 PM »
are all of these machines running the same Service Pack?

Yes, they are all XP SP3.

does your wifes computer have a password?  if there is no require pswd upon login, you may not be able to been seen

Hers does not require a password.  But the problem isn't trying to access her laptop -- it's her laptop being able to access our primary desktop.  It can see the files, and browse everything on the C drive except for any of the User folders in the My Documents folders (and the Windows folder).

Thanks for all of the suggestions.  I've been slow to respond because I've had other issues pop up, and in the meantime I've just been putting any files that she needs access to in the root C folder on the desktop.
Mics: Neumann KM100 (x4), AK40 (x2), AK50 (x2)
Pre: Lunatec V3
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Tascam HD-P2 (x2), Sony PCM-M10

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Windows XP Network File Sharing
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »
I would try creating a new windows profile on the troubled machine and see if the data can be accessed from the two computers. if they can, try re-creating your old windows profile and see what happens.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com