Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Now I'm confused..(battery content)  (Read 3153 times)

Offline Just Taper Mark from NC

• when the bass kicks..all I need is a mic and a stage and mix.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Dodgertown 90090
Now I'm confused..(battery content)
« on: June 20, 2004, 12:40:40 PM »
So I really really need some new power for my rig,and before you say it!,yes I know I can make my own cheaper but I do not do that kind of stuff(soldeing and such) so I was looking at eco-charges website and it made my head hurt.

I now run bp50's(2),one for the v3 and one for the dap1.my batteries are so old I have to do this or I won't make it through one set,hell I barely make it through a whole show now. anyways,on the website it says that the dap1 will run off a 12v ec90 but the bottom of my unit says 7.2v dc ???

and I know that the v3 can be switched to 12v,is it a matter of taking off the lid and flipping a switch like for m/s mode?I would like to keep both units the same voltage for convience but would also buy one of the split voltage batteries that they offer but only if I know for sure I won't fry one of my components :oand yes I read the part about old power cables not compatible with the new power supplies ;)

I would like to order one 1st thing in the morning and have it sent to esther's folks house in indiana so I can have it for DC.
Positive vibration man.That's what makes it work.That's reggae music.You can't look away because it is real.You listen to what I sing because I mean what I sing,there's no secret,no big deal.,Just honesty,that's all."-Hon. Robert Nesta Marley 1977

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
Re: Now I'm confused..(battery content)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 05:57:31 PM »
Call the guys at eco-charge. I have found them to be very helpful when dealing witht hese types of questions. As for the V3 I know that it is either gonna be a 12v or 6v. I don't think they come any other way
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 06:41:51 PM »
Mark, I'm pretty darn sure the DAP1 will run fine off 12v.  Instructions for calibrating the V3 for 6v or 12v usage are on the Grace Design support page.  It isn't quite as simple as flipping an internal jumper - you'll need a variable voltage source.

Unless someone chimes in and says the DAP1 will run on 6v, sounds to me like you'd benefit from the 12v/6v dual-output batt from EcoCharge.  Kindms is right, call up the EcoCharge guys and tell 'em what you've got and they'll know what will work best for you - they've been in the business for a long time and know well most of the gear we run.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 01:52:57 AM »
mark, my 6v 7.2amp bp-50s run the v3 for 9+ hrs!!!!

and my oldest battery was purchased in 99 too!!!

sorry i could be no help tho!!
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline JAH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • The kids they dance, they shake their bones!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 09:35:53 AM »
Mark, I'm pretty darn sure the DAP1 will run fine off 12v.  Instructions for calibrating the V3 for 6v or 12v usage are on the Grace Design support page.  It isn't quite as simple as flipping an internal jumper - you'll need a variable voltage source.

Unless someone chimes in and says the DAP1 will run on 6v, sounds to me like you'd benefit from the 12v/6v dual-output batt from EcoCharge.  Kindms is right, call up the EcoCharge guys and tell 'em what you've got and they'll know what will work best for you - they've been in the business for a long time and know well most of the gear we run.
I run my P1 on a 6v7ah batt. 

I would run both gear at 6v....why carry a 12v LEAD battery when 6 V is cosher?  Do yourself a favor and go the 6V route.  I bought a 6V 13Ah  Pannasonic batt. and put 2 independantly fused connectors (mini-xlr) on them and run the SBM and P1 for an entire show, no problem. 8)

I haven't heard that the P1 will run on 12 V....60% higher V seems scary to me vice going the proven 6V powering route  but it may handel it (12v) just as well. ???

Does anyone know of the P1 being powered by 12V???

peace
jah
Taping, it's a team sport!
km140/150>M148>mme or msbm-1
...yes screwdriver impaired
modified akg 461/2/ck8
iH120...and a slew of dat decks ;-(

Offline Just Taper Mark from NC

• when the bass kicks..all I need is a mic and a stage and mix.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Dodgertown 90090
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 12:59:56 PM »
yeah I want to keep the voltage all the same to tell the truth so that's why I was looking at the 12/12,if I had to swap one I would have done a 12/6. the thought of one battery sounds nicer than the 2 I lug now. I'll just star6t with one new 50 when I get back and see how it treats me to start.

one of my sla's is not so bad but the other is baaaaad
Positive vibration man.That's what makes it work.That's reggae music.You can't look away because it is real.You listen to what I sing because I mean what I sing,there's no secret,no big deal.,Just honesty,that's all."-Hon. Robert Nesta Marley 1977

Offline JAH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • The kids they dance, they shake their bones!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 02:34:34 PM »
where are you getting the 50 from....eco charge doesn't list it any more......I'd ask whoever to make a dual tap (both individually fused) 6v 13AH batt.   Your V3 will run cooler and the P1 will be happy too....you will have less weight than 2 batts or even 1 12V batt.  The 6v/13AH is larger than the 6V/7AH but smaller than a 12V/ 7AH.  This batt w/ 2 taps really is the ticket (IMHO).

GFL in your choices
jah
Taping, it's a team sport!
km140/150>M148>mme or msbm-1
...yes screwdriver impaired
modified akg 461/2/ck8
iH120...and a slew of dat decks ;-(

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 07:26:37 PM »
eco charge is supposed to be coming out with a new bp-50 not sure it is out yet.  I think they were going to try and get it out late summer.  I also run my p1 with a 6v no prob.
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com