Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-44 - 4 Channel Recorder (Part Tres)  (Read 97054 times)

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Edirol R-44 - 4 Channel Recorder (Part Tres)
« Reply #360 on: June 10, 2009, 11:12:49 PM »
What do your ears say?
hard to say for me because unless i know what the music sounded like live i can't tell how it translate to a recording
all i can say is that sounds good or not
and saying a unmodded unit sounds good is fine in one situation but without having a modded unit to compare it too its not a true representation for me to judge
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #361 on: June 11, 2009, 12:42:34 AM »
Mine is unmodded but I run a BMp2+ and an SD MP-2 in front of it.  I like the digi out put on the UA-5 so a mod on channel 1-2 would be useless in that situation.  It also allows me to run what ever pre I want on that particular set of channels.  The only time I have ever used my deck with out a pre is when getting a SBD feed.  The board feeds sound just fine at least to me. 

Offline edtyre

• Trade Count: (85)
  • Team Philly " No Excuses, Just Tapes"
« Reply #362 on: June 11, 2009, 08:56:05 AM »
I have a modded unit. I won't hesitate to run schoeps cmc6>r-44 and it sounds very good.
Does it sound as good as when i have the V3 in front? No. But if i can't carry the entire kit,
a pair or two of actives and just the r-44 will make a very good recording and is a very small
rig.

music>mics>pre>recorder

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #363 on: June 13, 2009, 06:42:42 PM »
can anyone explain to me how to delete the blank files from ch1&2 when using just mod'd ch3&4 and havibg to run stereo x 2 to utilize the mod' ch's

stuck at the Roo and can't figure it out. 2 other r44 users here who can't figure it out either

Offline bugg100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #364 on: June 13, 2009, 10:44:11 PM »
I think you'd only be able to do this in post cause if you try to delete through the finder on the recorder, it's all or nothing on delete....

What acts have stood out so far at the 'roo?

Joe

Offline -Q-

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #365 on: June 14, 2009, 10:01:34 AM »
that sucks what kind mod do you have?

can anyone explain to me how to delete the blank files from ch1&2 when using just mod'd ch3&4 and havibg to run stereo x 2 to utilize the mod' ch's

stuck at the Roo and can't figure it out. 2 other r44 users here who can't figure it out either
I  don't know where i'm going but i'll get there.Reid Genauer

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #366 on: June 14, 2009, 01:01:07 PM »
Earlier in this thread I wrote about some relatively minor problems that I'd had with the R-44--one odd case of RFI, and finding that the phantom powering in my particular R-44 was slightly below specification when four relatively high-current microphones were connected simultaneously.

I'd just like to balance that by saying that I've continued to use the recorder since then for about a dozen live recordings (some 2-channel and some 4-channel), and have had no further mishaps with it.

--best regards
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #367 on: June 14, 2009, 03:17:28 PM »

you should have had channels 1and2 modded if you were only planning on running 2 channels with mics b/c when you select Stereo x 1 it only activates channels 1 & 2. So you must record in Stereo x 2 in order to utilize your modded channels. I assume you are having an issue with not having enough memory on your card to cover all 4 ch.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #368 on: June 15, 2009, 09:08:04 AM »

you should have had channels 1and2 modded if you were only planning on running 2 channels with mics b/c when you select Stereo x 1 it only activates channels 1 & 2. So you must record in Stereo x 2 in order to utilize your modded channels. I assume you are having an issue with not having enough memory on your card to cover all 4 ch.
or he has different mods
some people have warm on 1/2 and trans on 3/4 (not sure if those are the correct terms but you prob know what i mean)
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #369 on: June 15, 2009, 02:35:49 PM »

new thread here
http://taperssection.com/index.php/board,11.0.html

Rick, please lock this one down.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com