Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audigo Labs  (Read 259 times)

Offline mandodon

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Audigo Labs
« on: March 27, 2024, 12:22:44 AM »
Looks like this is a MS stereo mic that records to itself and then streams to iphone wirelessly. Anyone seen one in the wild? https://www.audigolabs.com

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Audigo Labs
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 11:23:49 AM »
Interesting. I don't see any specs of the mics, the system or the recording format posted. They do state that the Audigo app can export audio files as .wav & .m4a.  The most interesting part of this thing to me is the stated the ability to sync multiple units, and the underlying tech used to achieve that.

How does Multi-Mic recording work?
With our latest software update, Audigo can now support recording with up to four of our wireless smart microphones at the same time, all connected to the same iPhone. Our patented multi-sync technology ensures the timing accuracy of your recordings.

Each microphone captures a separate audio track into a single project that you can then mix and edit right in the app. A video captured with the app at the same time is automatically synced with the audio mix.

You can find more details on how to set up and record with multiple Audigo microphones in our How to Multi-Mic blog post.

^ I've long envisioned a system that records data locally at each mic, yet shares clock timing and control between multiple units, either via a wired connection or wirelessly, thereby keeping the separately recorded files in sync.  This system seems to claim to do that. 

"Overview

You can connect up to four Audigo smart mics directly to a single iPhone, then record with them all simultaneously

Our patented multi-sync technology ensures accuracy of your recordings

Each microphone captures a separate audio track into a single project that you can then mix and edit right in the app

A video captured with the app at the same time is automatically synced with the audio mix

^ This implies a total of 8 channels (4 sync'd stereo pairs), controlled by a single phone. Not sure of the wireless connection required for that, but the blog post states:

For the best performance, be sure to follow the steps for connecting your mics to your home Wi-Fi network. (You can access your Wi-Fi networks tapping the “gear” icon in the upper left and selecting “Manage Wi-Fi Networks”)

Can I use four of these on a network established by the phone itself?   How robust might that be? Already thinking about about hacking it to install my preferred Mid and alter the physical format for my specific use.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com