Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stealth with JB3  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Govt Mule

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Stealth with JB3
« on: February 28, 2004, 10:15:08 AM »
So now that I got my laptop rig working, Galactic in Dallas came out great, I was thinking of getting a JB3 to stealth with and to use as a back up.

so the question is, should I just sneek in my pmod ua5 as well?

Mic suggestions, (I don't think the 480's are too steathy)?

Could I go with a batt box type mic into a JB3?

My intent is not FOB, but full-on you can't tape this show type of stuff. so small is the way to go, even if i lose some quality, up to a point.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 10:16:18 AM by fanosix »
Water tastes funny when you're far from your home, But it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam.- John Prine

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
Re:Stealth with JB3
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 01:27:35 PM »
for my stealthing operations i use dynamic audio bins > dynamic audio bat box > nomad line in.

you can hear some samples here in the 2003 section (try more towards the middle bottom).  If you get in the right location you can get nice results.

ed

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline Chad817

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 02:24:42 PM »
anyone else ever have problems with overheating when stealthing with the jb3?  The one true stealth job I've done with mine, I lost the encore because the unit apparently shut off from excessive heat.  It was in a coat pocket, pretty hot to the touch.  Player was locked so I know it wasn't from a button being knocked.  Thank god it saved the main set at least..

I also had a bit of trouble with it this past july at an outdoor show.  Temps were in the 90s and it was in my bag for a bit.  When I went to power it up, it wouldn't even turn on (guessing from the heat).  It wasn't until I removed the batteries, then put them back in that it would power up.  Strange.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 02:26:24 PM by Chad817 »
studio projects c4 > edirol ua-5 [digi mod] > Microtrack II

laying around: sp cmc-4, power supply and jb3

Offline wsphansam

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My trading list.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 04:51:30 PM »
so the question is, should I just sneek in my pmod ua5 as well?

I have been wondering just how easy this is to do. Has anyone done this and how did you get it in?
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/wsphansam

Team Kansasouri, Southern Office
Team Texas

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 04:42:33 AM »
How much are you willing to spend on stealth mics?  There are various solutions ranging from $90-2000

How stealthy do these have to be?
You can get a pair of mics the size of your pinky finger's nail, or you can get a special setup with the caps of your current mics. Possibilities: Audix 1245/90, AKG/Neumann/Schoeps/MBHO active setup, DPA 406X, DPA 402X, Audio Technica AT853.  There are also some low end options from CoreSound, Giant Squid, and Dynamic Audio.  Sound Professionals offers various setups using Audio Technica mics with battery boxes.  Have anything in particular in mind :)

If you can stealth the UA-5, more power to you.  A lot of people run a smaller box such as the Sound Devices mp-2, Sonosax sx-m2, EAA psp-2, AETA psp-3, Denecke AD-20, GP DMIC-20, etc.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com