Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Church-Audio STC-11 Cardioid Mic Repair?  (Read 8547 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Church-Audio STC-11 Cardioid Mic Repair?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 12:31:49 AM »
As far as I can tell, the cable is permanently glued (epoxied) to the capsule assy. I would think that the capsule assy. would have to be rewired to fix it correctly. I would also think  that Church would be the only one capable of making this repair.

^ Let's not jump the gun here, im sure there's a way to fix them without sending them to him.  When I had to send my mics to Chris for repair, it was probably september 2009 and when they returned it was jan 2010, so if you go that route don't plan on recording any shows with them for a while.  another note to consider here is that the warranty Chris gives on these does not cover parts.  i had to paypal him $60 to cover parts.  YMMV, but for mics that go for $100 dollars used, it may be more cost effective to just put to 60 dollars towards a new set of mics.  I sure hope someone with some technical knowledge of this steps in this thread.

Actually your $60 in most cases gets you a brand new set of mics. Or atleast a pair of mics that have been retested and any parts not meeting spec replaced. And if you paid $60 your mics were not repaired under warranty. They were damaged by abuse and I simply charged you a fee to recable the mics test them and do what ever it takes to get them back to original operational condition. Including replacing capsules if necessarily.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline DisturbedPyro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "Taper you are looking for I am not."
    • Disturbed Trade Forum
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 10:52:11 AM »
chris, since youre here, can you let me know if you got my email about mic repair? i still havent heard anything back and would like to know if i can send these to you to get them repaired. please let me know, thanks
My Masters
One song samples of all my masters

My Rig: IRiver H320 -> Church-Audio STC-11 Cardioid Mics -> BAT-2B

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 11:07:47 AM »
chris, since youre here, can you let me know if you got my email about mic repair? i still havent heard anything back and would like to know if i can send these to you to get them repaired. please let me know, thanks

I dont have an email from a "disturbedpyro"
I dont know if I got an email from you or not but please dont post in threads I rarely read them always email me direct at sales@church-audio.ca
you are 100% guaranteed I will get that email. Because it goes to my shipping computer / and to my iphone and to my main business computer.

Please as a note to everyone do not use your Taperssection handle when referring to emails or payments unless your handle is your name on the payment because I cant reconcile your user name with your real name. I have way to many customers. Likewise dont email me and say hey its "Dave" can you tell me where my order is :) I have many Dave's on my list of things to build at any one time.

First name / last name
Time of order or time of sending in repair
What the item was you sent in for repair
what you ordered.

I can then track you down real fast.

thanks

Offline jagraham

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 02:55:21 PM »
Actually your $60 in most cases gets you a brand new set of mics. Or atleast a pair of mics that have been retested and any parts not meeting spec replaced. And if you paid $60 your mics were not repaired under warranty. They were damaged by abuse and I simply charged you a fee to recable the mics test them and do what ever it takes to get them back to original operational condition. Including replacing capsules if necessarily.

^ Fair enough, but care of the equipment is a concern I have always had.  I emailed and PMed you several times over the years asking about proper care of my mics and you never responded.  Is there any chance we could get that type of information consolidated somewhere?  I know that's a lot of work to do but all I really want to know is how to properly store and hold the mics while setting up to avoid abuse such as this.  I use CA-14s omnis and card and CAFS and usually gently wrap the mics around a fist and store in a plastic bag with silica gel.
Mics: Nak CM-300s, Nak CM-100s, CP-1s, CP-2s, AT-853s(Cards, Hypers, Omnis) CA-14s(Cards, Omnis)
Pres: CA STC-9200, CA-UBB
Recorders: Tascam DR-70D, DR-2D, Edirol R-09

ISO: 1 Teac ME-120, CP-3 Caps, AT-853 Subcard Caps

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 05:51:47 PM »

^ Fair enough, but care of the equipment is a concern I have always had.  I emailed and PMed you several times over the years asking about proper care of my mics and you never responded.  Is there any chance we could get that type of information consolidated somewhere?  I know that's a lot of work to do but all I really want to know is how to properly store and hold the mics while setting up to avoid abuse such as this.  I use CA-14s omnis and card and CAFS and usually gently wrap the mics around a fist and store in a plastic bag with silica gel.

I get an email I respond to it. Maybe not in 3 hours or 2 minutes but I respond to it. As far as taking care of your mics? Dont tug on the cords. Dont pull cables tightly ever around anything fist hand ect. And sure you can make wind them gently and put them back into a bag with silica gel thats about all you can do with them. And anti static bag would be best. But again I have never had a mic come back for damage due to static discharge. Most electret capsules are pretty tough, dont let your dog chew on them :) lol I did have some puppy chewed mics come in the other day. They are repaired and on the way back to the customer. I am setting aside one day a month to handle repairs so that nobody has to wait more than 15 days + return shipping. For a mic repair I feel that is reasonable. In some situations I will try and get it done faster if a customer needs it but it really depends on what I have on the go that particular week.

TommyAudio

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 02:37:07 PM »
I too have had problems with him...I ordered 2 mic sets and a pre-amp...I was to take 6 weeks...It took almost 3 months and many emails and all I got was excuses...next week, next week, next week, my wife has the tracking number, etc...then I get the stuff all of a sudden and I was shocked at the hack-like quality of his work. I sent him an email to ask a simply question and never got an answer back. He won't answer. I think he's a joke and I won't do business with him at all...That once was enough...He should take a lesson or two from Naiant.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com