Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Turn around time on a JW mod?  (Read 4596 times)

Offline JAH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • The kids they dance, they shake their bones!
Re: Turn around time on a JW mod?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 02:59:16 PM »
I bet you have some bad caps in the body...JW replaces all that...keep in mind the mics work and he replaces most of the active parts so good chance you can get back in the saddle....talk to jw and let him know that they are ~10db off and want to know if after his mod that they will be closer....bet they will.
another thing, if you are using a preamp and you do not have any sonic response difference (meaning both mics resopnd to the same freq the same just one is lineraly 10db lower than using the preamp is an option to re-gain 10db.  BUt I'd talk to JW...call him as he is not very responsive to E's.

gfl
jah
Taping, it's a team sport!
km140/150>M148>mme or msbm-1
...yes screwdriver impaired
modified akg 461/2/ck8
iH120...and a slew of dat decks ;-(

Offline jkoch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • groovy!
Re: Turn around time on a JW mod?
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 03:34:43 AM »
I bet you have some bad caps in the body...JW replaces all that...keep in mind the mics work and he replaces most of the active parts so good chance you can get back in the saddle....talk to jw and let him know that they are ~10db off and want to know if after his mod that they will be closer....bet they will.
another thing, if you are using a preamp and you do not have any sonic response difference (meaning both mics resopnd to the same freq the same just one is lineraly 10db lower than using the preamp is an option to re-gain 10db.  BUt I'd talk to JW...call him as he is not very responsive to E's.

gfl
jah
yea, i'll have to find out. i have a ua5 so i can adjust the gain but it's a pain in the ass to not be able to crank up the gain much b/c one channel is near maxed out a lot of the time
Schoeps MK4s > active cables > NBox+ > Edirol R-09HR

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com