Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Peluso microphones???  (Read 2568 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Peluso microphones???
« on: April 11, 2005, 09:13:26 AM »
I know that these were discussed a little, but what are the thoughts on these?
any sources to check out?

I plan on acquiring a stereo pair for review (they now sell a stereo kit w/3 caps, shock mounts and T bar)

maybe the next best thing for sub $1000 mics since the MC-012

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
Re: Peluso microphones???
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 09:35:47 AM »
Nick,

Here's the link on the previous discussion.  Drewloo has a pair and was suppose to upload a sample for us.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=36854.0

Offline kgreener

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 01:55:32 PM »
Nick, it would be great if you could evaluate these, please keep us posted, and +T

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 07:05:55 PM »
You got a link to the set with all the caps? I didn't see the pair on the peluso site, just the individual mics with all caps. I thought I read somewhere that he was working on active cables for these things as well.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 07:25:04 PM »
If someone buys me some, I'd be willing to make some comp tapes.  ;D
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

Offline kgreener

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 09:17:27 PM »
You got a link to the set with all the caps? I didn't see the pair on the peluso site, just the individual mics with all caps. I thought I read somewhere that he was working on active cables for these things as well.

don't know about the 3 caps Nick mentioned, but this one is showing your choice of two caps:

http://www.soundpure.com/showProduct.do?id=713

Offline §†∑∫åµÞ≥¥

• You can call me Steve.
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 09:22:42 PM »
Wow... retail at $769. They could probably be had under $600 for an acoustically matched pair. Not bad!
"Absurdity is the only reality." - FZ

LMA recordings
www.nutritionbulk.com

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 07:41:20 AM »
the mention of the stereo kit came from puresound.com, or it might have been soundpure.com.  either or.
any way, they told me about it complete w/pricing and what not.  its just not available quite yet, though it can be ordered now.  there is no info about them.

I was planning on picking up a pair of of the mic bodies along with sub card and hyper caps, but like I said, i've got inquiries into the company for a review kit.  so we'll see.
I'll call them if I have to!

the eBay deal on these is the one to get.  Its under $600 w/two sets of caps (omni, card).  and that is through that same retailer I mentioned above.  I may have to purchase a pair through this cat...if the factory wont set me up.

Offline kgreener

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 08:33:04 AM »
yeah, it's Sound Pure you're thinking of (see my post three up from yesterday).  Is this the ebay auction you're referring to?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41466&item=7314712043&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

it looks to me like it comes with only one set of cardioid caps, with optional hyper, omni, etc. available separately, unless i'm reading this incorrectly.

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 01:09:26 PM »
I didn't read it enough....
I just saw the pic w/omni and card capsules

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • it's recreational
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 11:13:46 PM »
My initial thoughts on these mics are:

-they don't sound great w/ my P-mod ua5.  I've been wanting to try them w/ the mp2 but haven't gotten around to it yet.
-they seem a bit boomy to me, but a lot of the shows/venues I tape at have some serious bass so they might just be very accurate there.  I used the bass rolloff for the 1st set of STS9 and didn't use it for the 2nd set & the bass seems much more controlled on the 1st set than the 2nd set but there's still plenty of bass there. (fwiw, on this show I did a 3-mic setup;   peluso's w/ hypers and one TL on omni.  Powered the TL w/ a V2 and then sent that signal through a splitter and into the ua5 rca's.)
-I think they really shine on acoustic instruments like mandolin.
-not really thrilled w/ the hypers so far but I might have had them too deep in the shockmounts and had some of the pickup pattern affected.
-as far as them sounding like schoeps's you'll have to make that call for yourself.  Overall I like them so far, they're just really different sounding than the TL's.
-the finish on the two hypercard capsules I received are quite different from each other.  One is duller than the other one.  I'll try to post some pics when I get  home.

I made Keith a DVD of some flac'd shows I've done so far (DSO[card,set1 xy set 2 ortf], STS9[hyper w/ onmi TL], Gourds[card], Topaz w/ Popper[card], Blues Traveler aka Ben Wilson 5[wide card], BHTM[hyper], Los Lobos[card], Carbon Leaf [wide card]).  My pc has been acting funny so I haven't wanted to mess w/any bit torrents but if anyone wants a copy let me know.  I have some older 4x blank DVDs sitting around so no worries there.  -Drew
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 11:51:34 PM by drewLoo »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.093 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com