Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Keyboards -- the kind you type on  (Read 1506 times)

Offline spcyrfc

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Live from River City
    • BordersCrossing.net
Keyboards -- the kind you type on
« on: April 24, 2009, 05:43:19 PM »
i am gonna get a keyboard and looking on the internet for the past hour has my head spinning. i know what i want, just can't seem to find the right search fields to produce the results im after.

what i want - a qwerty keyboard with a numeric pad.  wired by USB with 2 additional USB unpowered ports on the keyboard itself. dont need, dont want any bells and whistles. don't want a slim keyboard.

my dream keyboard is the DAS keyboard (blank)

*oh yeah* Budget - $50, preferably 30. don't not sure what falls in that ball park.

any suggestions?

thanks
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 05:47:20 PM by spcyrfc »
mkh8040>aerco mp-2>pcmd-50
PFS: AKG 414xls

Record Local

www.borderscrossing.net

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Keyboards -- the kind you type on
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 06:12:42 PM »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010290063+1084307071+1086107098+4025&Configurator=&Subcategory=63&description=&Ntk=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

or just head to your local Fry's/CompUSA/etc and see what's on the shelf

With keyboards and mice, I like to feel the actual product to see how it fits, then make a note of model numbers and do an internet search for those specific models for a better price. That said, if I find something I really like I usually just buy it on the spot unless I think the price is totally out of line. Nothing quite like instant gratification.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 06:15:29 PM by flipp »

Offline spcyrfc

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Live from River City
    • BordersCrossing.net
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 06:21:11 PM »

With keyboards and mice, I like to feel the actual product to see how it fits, then make a note of model numbers and do an internet search for those specific models for a better price. That said, if I find something I really like I usually just buy it on the spot unless I think the price is totally out of line. Nothing quite like instant gratification.

true.  i am headed off to the fry's and the mac store.  the wired mac full size keyboard looks promising, we'll see.

my roommate has one of these - the blank one. i thought about it, but could not justify it. he's a programmer, uses it 8-10 hrs a day and loves it. 

http://www.daskeyboard.com/

thanks
mkh8040>aerco mp-2>pcmd-50
PFS: AKG 414xls

Record Local

www.borderscrossing.net

Offline Red Boink

• Trade Count: (27)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 05:33:58 PM »
I like the Microsoft 4000 for use with a desktop.  On remote, I use a flexible, rollup keyboard into an FR2, makes it easy to name files from different takes..

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 05:57:42 PM »
I use this and love it but you may find it thin...

Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.186 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com