Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Clicking And Popping In SF 6.0 (Newbie Help Please)  (Read 1350 times)

thierryhenry

• Trade Count: (0)
Clicking And Popping In SF 6.0 (Newbie Help Please)
« on: May 12, 2004, 03:13:53 PM »
Hi.

I am new here, and new to the whole taping community, so please don't flame me (cause I don't have much knowledge on this subject).

Anyway, I have a Sony Mz-R55 MD and a cheap Stereo T Mic, I have recorded quite a few shows (just local things here around my school) and they all turn out quite well listening with headphones and even hooking my MD up to my Line In (on my PC). When I use Soundforge 6.0 to transfer I have problems. I have tried everything, I am using a 3/5" optical cable connected to my Line Out (on my MD) to my Line In (on my PC), and everything works well in my transfering to Soundforge. I monitor the levels, listen to the sound through my speakers yadadada.. .everything seems perfect!

Once the recording is done on Soundforge and I listen back, I hear this popping and cracking in the sound throughout most of the recording.. I am recording @ 44,100 Khz and 16 Bit, Stereo. I have changed those setting around (32, + 16, Mono, etc. etc.) I have tried everything, and I still hear this cracking/popping. I know it is something with my transfering of the data, because I don't hear it at all when I listen through my MD, or even when I have it hooked up through my speakers. Do you think it is something with my Soundcard, or maybe the 3/5" cable is the problem? Any advice you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated.

You can either post back, or if you have AOL Instant Messanger my Screen Name is:

ccccoooooop

it would be alot easier to discuss it over that, if anyone here has that, and can help me (the explaining would be alot easier).

Thanks so much, I want to get my tapes to best they can be!

Cheers.

Offline C.Clark

• Rediscovering the Magic!
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Too Many Shows!
Re:Clicking And Popping In SF 6.0 (Newbie Help Please)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 01:34:23 AM »
you might want to check your buffers, increase them and see if that helps, i think some others on the board have problems with there buffers being at too low of a level
Current Rig:
Mics: Neumann SKM184, Neumann SKM185, AKG C414 XLS/ST, DPA ST2015
Recorder: SD MixPre-6ii, SD MixPre-10ii
Extras: SD MixPre-D, SD USBPre2, Sony TCD-D8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former Rigs:
ADK TL --> Segue Dogstars --> SD 722
AT4051a --> Segue Dogstars --> MP-2 --> SD 722
AT4051a --> V2 --> MiniMe --> VxPocket V2 --> Laptop
AT4051a --> V2 --> MiniMe --> Sony TCD-D100
AT4051a --> V2 --> Mod SBM-1 --> Sony TCD-D100
AT4051a --> MP-2 --> AD1000 --> Sony TCD-D100
AKGC1000s --> Denecke PS/2 --> Denecke AD-20 --> Sony MiniDisc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://db.etree.org/cpclar

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com