Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iso: Zoltrix Nightengale help.  (Read 2333 times)

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
iso: Zoltrix Nightengale help.
« on: September 17, 2004, 08:19:11 PM »
OK,  I can't get 48k wav to play through the zoltrix into my Sony ES...  Or rather, when I play 48k, the ES tells me they are 44.1k.

But they sound fine, though...  I would have thought that 48s played at 44.1 would sound strange, but they sound fine...

so maybe, the zolty is messed up, or I'm not toggling something, or perhaps it resamples playback (doubtful, its advertised 48), or maybe the ES thinks everything is 44.1, or maybe I need to reinstall???

Anybody help me this???

Thanks,

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline firmdragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
Re: iso: Zoltrix Nightengale help.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 09:06:54 PM »
what proggy are you using to record?

i transfer w/ 48khz all the time. no problems here.

Offline Chanher

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 11:30:35 AM »
also what operating system?
Line Audio CM4 / AT853Rx (c,h,o) / Studio Projects C4 MKII (c,h,o)
Sound Devices MP-2 / bm2p+ Edirol UA-5
Zoom F3 / F6 / Marantz Oade Warm Mod PMD661 / Tascam DR-70D

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 09:00:45 AM »
Windows 2000.  I'm recording onto my Nomad, then transferring to the HD.  Opening in Soundforge 5.0 for playback.  SF says file is 48k, but pre says its 44.1.  Connecting the Nomad to the output of the Zoltrix verifies its 44.1.  Sounds fine though.  methinks the Zoltrix is resamplng everything to 44.1 for output.

Thanks

T

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Offline rustoleum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • AKG 481s->MiaGi IIs->MiniMe->MTII
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 11:07:32 AM »
The zoltrix will output a digi-stream of either 44.1 or 48 based on how it is setup in the mixer.    How to check?  Bring up your mixer and switch to the recording UI.  Hit the "Advanced" button.  There will be a UI similar or identical (depending on what driver/mixer version you're using) to the one below.  "Enabled SPDIF Out" needs to be checked (which presumably yours already is) and you can select the output sample rate by choosing one of the radio buttons to the right. 

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 11:44:49 AM »
The zoltrix will output a digi-stream of either 44.1 or 48 based on how it is setup in the mixer.    How to check?  Bring up your mixer and switch to the recording UI.  Hit the "Advanced" button.  There will be a UI similar or identical (depending on what driver/mixer version you're using) to the one below.  "Enabled SPDIF Out" needs to be checked (which presumably yours already is) and you can select the output sample rate by choosing one of the radio buttons to the right. 

That's the exact place I tried, still not 48k.  Even made the switch to 48k, restarted, reopned to verify 48k was still chceked and still 44.1...

Hmmm...

T

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com